Purveyors of so-called “designer vagina” surgery have long been criticized for making women feel insecure about a part of the body that a) varies naturally and b) is invisible most of the time. Now scientists have decided to investigate the claims made by websites offering plastic surgery for female genitals. Study authors Lih-Mei Liao, Neda Taghinejadi, and Sarah M. Creighton used an extremely simple procedure: They Googled “designer vagina.” Then they looked at the top five U.K.-based websites that came up, and the top five U.S. ones. Here’s a sampling of what they found:
3. Your shriveled vagina may reveal your age.
The U.K.’s Regency Clinic reportedly claimed “a woman might have a face lift and look really young until she goes to bed and a partner can see the evidence of ageing there.” This language appears to have been removed.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻