Purveyors of so-called “designer vagina” surgery have long been criticized for making women feel insecure about a part of the body that a) varies naturally and b) is invisible most of the time. Now scientists have decided to investigate the claims made by websites offering plastic surgery for female genitals. Study authors Lih-Mei Liao, Neda Taghinejadi, and Sarah M. Creighton used an extremely simple procedure: They Googled “designer vagina.” Then they looked at the top five U.K.-based websites that came up, and the top five U.S. ones. Here’s a sampling of what they found:
3. Your shriveled vagina may reveal your age.
The U.K.’s Regency Clinic reportedly claimed “a woman might have a face lift and look really young until she goes to bed and a partner can see the evidence of ageing there.” This language appears to have been removed.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋