Purveyors of so-called “designer vagina” surgery have long been criticized for making women feel insecure about a part of the body that a) varies naturally and b) is invisible most of the time. Now scientists have decided to investigate the claims made by websites offering plastic surgery for female genitals. Study authors Lih-Mei Liao, Neda Taghinejadi, and Sarah M. Creighton used an extremely simple procedure: They Googled “designer vagina.” Then they looked at the top five U.K.-based websites that came up, and the top five U.S. ones. Here’s a sampling of what they found:
3. Your shriveled vagina may reveal your age.
The U.K.’s Regency Clinic reportedly claimed “a woman might have a face lift and look really young until she goes to bed and a partner can see the evidence of ageing there.” This language appears to have been removed.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭