1. On Tuesday, the nurse apparently believed a pair of Australian radio DJs when they called the hospital pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles.
The DJs were hoping to talk to Kate Middleton, who was being treated at King Edward VII Hospital (above) at the time for extreme morning sickness. She has since been released. The nurse took the call and put it through to a second nurse, who gave the DJs some information about Kate.
4. Update: The nurse has been identified as Jacintha Saldanha, and the hospital has released a statement.
A spokesperson for Edward VII Hospital said, “We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital. The hospital had been supporting her throughout this difficult time.” The chairman of the hospital, Lord Glenarthur, added, “Jacintha was a first class nurse who cared diligently for hundreds of patients during her time with us. She will be greatly missed.”
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will visit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii later this month — the first Japanese leader to do so.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏