1. People are very concerned with teeth.
Teeth were one of the top traits people reported judging a potential partner on, according to survey results released today. Fifty-eight percent of men said teeth were crucial; 71% of women said the same. Match was so impressed with this finding that they made the above video to illustrate it.
2. iPad users are the biggest players.
Forty-five percent of iPad users had a one-night stand in 2012, compared with 29% of e-reader owners and 24% of those who had traditional (non-smart) cell phones. It’s unclear if people with all types of gadgets got the most action of all.
4. Guys really want to meet your parents.
An oddly high percentage — 48% — said they’d want to meet a partner’s parents before becoming exclusive. Thirty-five percent of women said the same. No word on whether it’s awkward to introduce someone to your mom and dad as your possibly soon significant other.
5. Daters fear debt.
Fifty-four percent said they wouldn’t date someone with more than $5,000 in credit card debt.
7. Marriage doesn’t make you a prude.
Seventy-six percent of married people said they thought about sex once a week or more, compared with 72% of single people. The difference was even bigger for women — 65% of married women said they thought about it one or more times per week, while only 56% of single women said the same.
9. Your date could be secretly frisking you.
Twenty-two percent of single women said they secretly searched their date’s pockets, drawers, or closets. Women over 30 headed straight for the medicine cabinet — 44% of single women in their thirties and 38% of those in their forties said they’d snooped around for incriminating prescriptions.
- Former British prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- President Barack Obama declared a major disaster in West Virginia after at least 23 people were killed in flash floods.