1. She was in a motorcycle crash with Petrino on April Fools’ Day.
This is how the whole scandal started: married father of four Petrino was in a minor motorcycle crash on April 1, and he admitted he was with Dorrell. He also admitted having a relationship with her. Which bothered the university because…
2. He had recently hired her.
Dorrell’s currently listed as Project/Program Manager with the University of Arkansas Athletics Department. According to the New York Times, Petrino hired her for this position from a pool of 159 applicants, while they were already involved in a relationship. Says Arkansas Athletic Director Jeff Long, “Coach Petrino abused his authority when he made a staff hire that benefited himself and jeopardized the integrity of the football program.”
The above are some of the less offensive comments. The site has now been shut down.
She played for three years, apparently ending with her junior year, 2006. Her page on the Arkansas Razorbacks’ website says, “Dorrell’s name is sprinkled throughout the Arkansas record books.” It’s also now sprinkled liberally throughout the internet.
6. Petrino gave her $20,000 in cash as a gift.
Which may not be that much to him, since before his firing he made $3.5 million a year.
Dorrell has apparently retained a lawyer and may sue the university. According to CafeMom, fear of a lawsuit may be one reason they haven’t fired her — in Arkansas, you can sue for sexual harassment in some circumstances even if the sex involved was consensual.
8. There could be a sex tape.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.