1. Struggling to understand why everyone in Australia is on a health kick.
2. But knowing deep down it's because they don't know the absolute lack of mobility that comes with Sunday lunch at Nonna's.
3. Sitting in a bar, sipping your first glass of Chianti, just to relax... only to realise your Aussie mates are already a few drinks ahead of you.
4. Planning your trip to Australia in October so you'll have a second summer.
5. Feeling so exotic when you first arrive.
6. But being a bit disappointed when you realise Italians are much more common in Australia than what you thought.
7. Coming to Australia thinking Italy definitely has the best beaches...
8. ...only to find out Australia is actually a huge contender.
9. Thinking of how jealous everyone back home will be when you have a summer glow on Christmas day.
10. Visiting Australian museums all the time, just 'cause they're free!
11. Being quite impressed by the Aussie pizza game...
12. ...yet crying IRL when you come across these atrocities from time to time.
13. Which is why you still always miss your Nonna's cooking.
14. Even though you dread the moment she finds out you haven't been eating pasta every day.
15. Being weirded out by eating kangaroo meat...
16. ...but then remembering we eat horse meat.
17. Being surprised how many young people stay in Australia to live and work compared to Italy.
18. Wondering why people are weirded out by you using WhatsApp audio messages.
19. And being judged when you make wild hand gestures while on the phone.
20. Feeling extremely patriotic when you're so far away from home...
21. ...cause deep down, mamma Italia will always be in your heart.
Travel was provided by Tourism Australia. BuzzFeed writers do not guarantee coverage.