We asked the BuzzFeed Community for the biggest lies we were led to believe in Harry Potter. Here are the all-too-real results.
1. You'll get a letter inviting you to a school of witchcraft and wizardry, where you'll learn spells. Like, sure.
—Erin Murphy, Facebook
2. A gigantic man with a beard will appear on your 11th birthday to say you've got magic in your blood.
3. You won't have to worry about not getting along with your roommates, because a magical hat will pair you with the perfect ones.
4. All of your hard-earned money will be spent on goodies, like wands and chocolate frogs, all purchased from the strip mall of your dreams.
5. One day you'll just be strolling around, perusing a selection of wands, and one WILL CHOOSE YOU AS ITS OWNER.
6. If you're ever doubting what you want in life, there's a beautiful, mysterious mirror you can gaze into that'll clear things up.
7. If someone pisses you off, you can scream at them without actually being in their presence.
8. If you step on your glasses, it's no biggie — there's a spell to fix that.
9. Your dreams of time traveling can easily come true, as long as you own one of these cute little necklaces.
10. Your school's dining hall will actually have delicious food — and tons of it.
11. If you get bored with your appearance, you can pretty much change it on command, if you feel like it.
12. You'll never lose a game of hide-and-seek again, because you can literally keep tabs on every single person.
13. Your friends' pets will be as fiercely loyal to you as they are to your friend.
14. You'll never be stranded, thanks to a seriously fast bus that will appear at the flick of your wand.
—Lynne Carpenter, Facebook
15. Owls will bring you your mail, as opposed to the post office.
—Celia Hambright, Facebook