We asked the BuzzFeed Community to share the creepiest things they know about serial killers. Here are the horrifyingly interesting results.
🚨 This post contains highly disturbing information and images. Continue at your
own discretion. 🚨
1. Jeffrey Dahmer gave the people in his apartment building sandwiches that could've possibly been made from his victims’ flesh.
2. Rodney Alcala, aka the "Dating Game Killer," won an episode of The Dating Game in 1978 — in the midst of his murder spree.
3. The Gainesville Ripper purposefully "posed" his victims' dead bodies to amplify the gory scene for when law enforcement arrived.
4. H.H. Holmes sometimes sold the skeletons of his victims to medical schools.
5. The BTK Killer, Dennis Rader, would stalk and break into his victims' houses to wait for them before he killed them.
6. Robert Pickton ground up his victims and fed them to the pigs on his farm.
7. Though one of the most prolific serial killers of all time, Ted Bundy ironically used to work at a suicide hotline.
8. He also never admitted to the true number of women he murdered. When the count officially reached 36, he slyly said "add one digit." So it could be 361, 136, or something else — we'll never know.
9. Richard Ramirez, aka "The Night Stalker," would often pick homes at random, and enter through unlocked doors and windows.
10. Joe Metheny, aka "The Cannibal," would mix the flesh of his victims with animal meat and sell it as burgers at his food stand.
11. Ed Kemper, aka the Co-ed Killer, narrated hundreds of books on tape for blind people while in prison in the '80s.
12. Dahmer also didn't wear his glasses in the courtroom during his trial because eye contact made him uncomfortable.
13. And one of his victim's lives could have been spared, had Dahmer not been so charming to the police.
14. When police asked Henry Lee Lucas why he didn’t join his partner in crime, Ottis Toole, in barbecuing and eating their victims, he replied, “I don’t like barbecue sauce.”
15. Albert Fish used to shove pins and needles into his anus and scrotum just to feel the pain.
16. He also wrote a letter to one of his victims' parents, describing how tasty her body was.
17. And Richard Chase would capture small animals and devour them raw, sometimes blending the corpses with Coca Cola to make a milkshake.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.