No one can change their lifestyle overnight, so we asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share one thing that made a huge difference in their weight loss efforts.
Check out the little tweaks that helped them get healthy, and maybe copy a few of them if you're interested in that, too.
1. Make your couch a no-eating zone.
2. Stop weighing yourself as a means of measuring your progress.
3. Or take it a step further and don't even look in the mirror.
4. Don't try to ignore your cravings — just find healthier ways to satisfy them.
5. Swap "boredom eating" with other mindless (or productive) tasks.
6. Give up delivery and start preparing your own meals instead.
7. Skip escalators and elevators.
8. Don't stop at home before going to the gym after work or class.
9. Or stop forcing yourself to go to the gym if you hate it, and find an exercise you actually enjoy.
10. Stop buying your go-to unhealthy snacks so you're not even tempted.
11. Start taking your coffee black.
12. Ditch the soda, seriously.
13. Or alcohol.
14. Treat yourself really fucking well.
15. Make sure you're actually drinking enough water.
16. Cut back on foods with added sugar.
"I got rid of added/extra sugar during Lent one year. This meant no desserts, no soda, no syrup, etc. Fresh fruit was OK and I used yogurt with the least amount of sugar to satisfy my sweet tooth. In 40 days, with minimal exercise outside of gym class in high school, I lost 20 pounds."
—Daniel P. Murphy, Facebook