Sure, Netflix is an awesome and satisfying way to unwind and all, but it’s also an easy way to find yourself awake at 4 a.m. questioning your life choices.
Plus, looking at ~technology~ before bed can make it harder to fall asleep, so it couldn’t hurt to try a different tactic. We’re not saying you need to cut it out completely, but in case you feel like going TV-free one or two nights a week, here are some other ways to power down before bed.
1. Color in a relaxing adult coloring book.
3. Plan your dream vacation.
Example: a complete Harry Potter weekend in London. Yaaass.
4. Read a good book, obviously.
Try one of these awesome fall releases.
6. Do this cool before-bed yoga sequence that is definitely not exercise, promise.
If this one’s a little long for you, try this 10-minute sequence instead.
8. Prep everything you’ll need in the morning — like your outfit — so you can sleep in tomorrow.
If you’re not into scribbling about your ~feelings~, these journals will give your brain a workout.
11. Give yourself a massage (not that kind of massage).
Find out how here.
13. Work on a puzzle.
These challenging AF puzzles are definitely not for kids. Just don’t try to do it all in one night.
18. Take that long, indulgent shower or bath you don’t have time for in the morning.
19. And then pamper yourself.
20. Teach yourself to knit (or keep knitting if you already know how).
This GIF guide will get you started.
22. Write a postcard to a friend you haven’t seen in a while.
Fact: There is nothing better than getting a REAL LIFE HANDWRITTEN LETTER. So go ahead and make someone’s damn day.
23. Do a crossword or logic puzzle.
If that’s too old-school for you, you can also try one of these addicting puzzle apps.