Relationships are complicated things and there are no hard and fast rules that will work for every couple.
That said, there are still some things that most people can benefit from, so we talked to a bunch of relationship experts to get their best advice.
1. You can definitely go to bed angry.
2. Make sure you're getting enough ~you~ time.
3. If you want to do one thing to improve your relationship almost instantly, start saying thank you more.
4. Actually tell your partner about things that annoy you, even if they're little things.
5. Make sure your "I" statements are actually helpful, NOT passive-aggressive or argumentative.
6. Have more conversations that don't involve home, friends, work, or your relationship.
7. Turn your phones off around each other sometimes.
8. Fight. Just make sure you're doing it correctly.
9. Check in with your partner about decisions, even if they seem small.
10. Give to your partner what you want to receive back.
11. Touch each other more — and not just in sexual ways.
12. If you've been together forever, date like you haven't.
13. Communication is as important as everyone says it is, but only if you're doing it right.
14. Do things that make you feel good, happy, and confident.
There are lots of little things you can do to be a better partner, but one of the easiest (and most enjoyable, tbh) is to treat yourself well first, psychiatrist Dr. Carole Lieberman tells BuzzFeed. Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself, because the more you love yourself, the happier and more confident you are, and the more good vibes you can bring to the relationship.