1. Social anxiety is more complicated than just ~fearing~ people.
2. There are little stupid things that make us uncomfortable that you wouldn’t even think of.
3. Vague texts like "Hey, can I ask you something?" are a unique circle of hell.
4. We probably won't be the first one to invite you out, but we will drop hints.
5. And you shouldn't stop inviting us to things because we turn down invitations or cancel plans.
Sometimes we just can't. It doesn't mean we won't want to in the future.
6. Talking us into going to a party and then leaving us to fend for ourselves is the ultimate act of betrayal.
7. You probably have more socially anxious friends than you realize.
8. We don't expect you to know what to say when we're struggling.
9. But we probably don’t want to hear tips that got you through that one time you were kinda anxious about that one thing.
10. It can hurt. Like, it's physically painful.
It's not just nerves. It can be dizziness, overheating, chills, increased heartbeat, chest pain, rapid breathing, headaches. It can be constant muscle tension. It can be EXHAUSTING.
11. A lot of anxious people also struggle with depression.
12. Surprises and spontaneity probably won't be well-received.
PLANNING AHEAD SAVES LIVES, PEOPLE.