9 Reasons To Appreciate The Cancers In Your Life
Happy Cancer season!
1. Protective and loyal, Cancers will not let anyone fuck with you. Period.
Cancers have their people. If you're a chosen one, you have someone in your corner who will always have your back. And depending on what you need, that protectiveness either feels like a warm blanket or a suit of armor.
2. When you need comfort and security, there is no one better to turn to.
They will open up their homes, cook you a meal, fuss over you like the mom friend you deserve. With a Cancer in your life, you'll never be without someone who makes you feel loved and looked after.
3. Cancers give the most thoughtful gifts, because they’re sentimental as hell but are better at showing it than saying it.
Like, they are WIZARDS when it comes to this stuff. They're some of the best listeners in the zodiac and pay close attention to their loved ones, so they know exactly what you need, even when you don't.
4. They usually know when something is up because their empathy is off the charts and they’re So. Intuitive.
Like, say you’re fine all you want. A Cancer will know you’re not fine!!!
5. The tenderest of hard asses, they can be real with you when you need some serious tough love.
And they’re patient with you if you’re not being your best self because, like, they of all people know it's difficult to always put your best foot forward.
6. And they will keep you from doing stupid shit, full stop.
Remember that ~mom friend~ thing we talked about? Well, it’s good for more than just fussing over you and feeding you a home-cooked meal. They will stop you from quadruple texting when it's time to stop or from taking that one shot that would push you over the edge. They *know*.
7. Their sardonic sense of humor and empathy make them the best to have around when things go to shit — or, you know, always.
Cancers can strike the right balance between making you laugh without being flippant, and can offer comfort without being overbearing. Because sometimes that's what you need when the world is awful.
8. And they step up to get things done when you can't.
The combination of their ability to get shit done and their big heart means that they will task manage the shit out of your life when you have too much going on. Just another way of showing they care.
9. Being close to Cancer is a gift in and of itself, since they don’t open up to just anyone.
Cancers are symbolized by the crab for a reason — they’re hard on the outside, soft on the inside. But it takes a lot for them to ease up on their armor and expose their emotional underbellies. So if you have a Cancer in your life, well, you're doing pretty damn good.