1. First of all, you don't need much to make your outdoor space great: Just a few things to sit on, a little table, some greenery, and a few fun tchotchkes will do:
2. Give old wooden chairs and tables a fresh coat of paint, some new cushions, and that crocheted tablecloth you found while thrifting:
3. Make a wooden ladder work for you as the perfect decorative element and a plant holder:
4. Or get a few flower pot stands and use them to spruce up an ugly wall or to divide up space:
5. Bust out all the candles and lanterns that you've got...
6. And invest in some string lights to give the space the perfect ~magical~ touch:
7. Buy (or make 'em yourself!) macramé holders to house small plants and add to an all around boho-y vibe:
8. Transform wooden crates into vintage-y side tables or plant holders:
9. You can also stack several crates on top of each other for additional ~shelving~ space:
10. ...Or screw wheels on, to make for a moveable table:
11. Invest in a hammock:
12. And use an IKEA table top and high table legs to transform your balcony into a bar!
13. A nice little rug will make your balcony 1000% cozier:
14. As a general rule, the more textiles and textures you add, the homier it feels:
15. Which means, yes, you are allowed to go crazy with cushions and throw pillows:
16. And if you're feeling extra adventurous, put your bed on a pallet and move it outside!
17. Or use the pallet to make your own vertical herb garden...
18. Or a garden space, like this:
Inspired to hack the rest of your place? Here ya go:
This post was translated from German.