The trailer for Princess Diana biopic starring Naomi Watts, appropriately titled Diana has been released. Rejoice! The movie doesn’t hit (UK) theaters until September 20th and the US release date is to be determined, but the just-released trailer does provide the opportunity to gawk over Diana’s various outfits — and to assess their relative historical accuracy.
2. The bad.
5. The pretty good.
7. Coordinating pastel separates.
While the suit from the trailer is entirely appropriate, the actual Diana outfit is so much more fun! Colorful polka dots and heart-shaped statement earrings?! This is basically the Royal equivalent of a Betsy Johnson look. Also, props to Naomi Watts for perfectly mimicking Diana’s demure hand-wringing.
9. The great.
13. Watch the trailer and see the looks for yourself.
Or if you’re in high anticipation and cannot fathom waiting another month for your British Royals fix. You know, since Royal Baby is so over.
And just for fun, here’s a bonus picture of young Diana looking way hipster but surprisingly chic at 10.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭