Aside from those occasions she rolled around in gaudy wheelchairs, Lady Gaga has largely avoided the fashion spotlight since her injury-prompted sabbatical. And to be fair, a break from disco wigs and foot-high heels made out of broccoli is for the best.
What this means, though, is that the odd batch of paparazzi photos featuring Gaga looking less than crazy get treated as though she were wearing vegetable footwear after all. Is that a pointy carrot or a stiletto heel? Who knows?! Case in point, recent photos of Gaga:
1. Here she is at a good friend’s wedding.
Aside from the possibly controversial practice of bridesmaid cleavage, she looks just like the rest of the bridal party. Lovely, and the floral headpiece is a cute touch without being overstated in the classic Gaga “I just broke a vase on my forehead and these are the remnants” kind of way.
And, though it may seem hard to believe, there are other photos of Gaga dressed “normal” out there. Strap yourself in, because it’s a journey into a whole other DIMENSION…of sensible clothes.
7. Why a headshot? For that burgeoning acting career, of course. Here’s a Gaga cameo in The Sopranos.
Her role: anonymous, bad-girl “classmate.” While ogling some boys swimming, she smokes and laughs and swigs something that, given her character, probably isn’t just Coke from a Coke bottle. That’s about it. (Watch here.)
10. And there’s nothing unusual about wearing a bandeau top and a sarong.
I mean, there’s not even a crazy print on that sarong. Gaga’s not even trying.
13. Gaga also often tweets “empowering” makeup-free selfies.
Like this one. (The team of hairstylists who styled that “bed head hairdo” just so are out of frame, along with a makeup artist responsible for the subtle eyeliner and lipstick. After all, it takes a little bit of makeup to take a good no-makeup shot.)
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏