2k12 was a wildly fruitful and artistic year for James Franco!
No need to applaud YET, guys. Let’s hear about his successes first!
2. He sold his fictionalized memoir, “Actors Anonymous,” to Amazon!
The literary opus will be about his experiences as an actor and grad student.
3. He signed on to play Robert Mapplethorpe, known for his boundary-pushing (and dildo-featuring) photography.
6. He curated an art exhibition called “Rebel.”
It was inspired by Rebel Without a Cause and includes his own work.
9. He debuted his Motown-inspired spoken word band, “Daddy.”
10. Smokey Robinson collaborated with him on one of his tracks!
12. He began his new column for Playboy, “Francophile.”
14. He directed an R.E.M. video starring Lindsay Lohan.
But don’t get too blown away yet, y’all!
“I’m comin’ at YOU, 2013!”
- The Democratic National Convention starts today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- At least two people have been killed and 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida, media say.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.