1. Macaulay Culkin’s art as part of the 3MB Collective is currently on display in New York. Here are some of his dynamic paintings.
2. Jerry and Kramer as nude models on the set of Wheel of Fortune:
3. E.T., Waldo, and The Devil attending a “KoЯn” concert:
4. A mislabeled painting of Luigi holding a golden goblet:
5. Mario wandering through a dark, post-expressionist landscape while Jean Michel Basquiat, a sniper, and JonBenet Ramsey roost above:
6. Kurt Cobain as a hacker:
7. A bar on fire, its patrons unconcerned:
8. The Death Star, an upside-down Macaulay Culkin cubist head, and a Steven Tyler doppelganger hang above a barren landscape of broken amusement park rides. The mysteries of the jungle rest in the background:
9. A sad, broken carousel:
10. Luigi pitching a fireball, while a disembodied mummy head and an audience of milk observe:
11. Bazooka Joe and Mario Cantone bathing in the Ark of the Covenant while engaged in virtual battle:
Lowbrow culture infused with high art? Video games and broken carousels? Nostalgia? Milk and goblets of blood? Nirvana and KoRn?
See Macaulay’s paintings yourself at Le Poisson Rouge! The show runs until December 15, 2012.
17. He might even draw you a picture.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer dodged multiple questions at today's White House briefing on Donald Trump's false claim that millions voted illegally in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬