1. Know how to get your boss to do what you want.
2. Control your hotheadedness before you lose it on the coworker you dislike.
3. Stress toys can prove to be useful in that regard.
4. Know how to appropriately talk to those in a lower position than you.
5. It's OK to make faces on the phone, so long as no one can see you.
6. Know how to deal with the sheer incompetence of some of your coworkers.
7. Be genteel when you hear people talking about you.
8. But release your rage once you're back in your office.
9. Don't underestimate the importance of body language.
10. You too, guys.
11. Join in on the birthday festivities even if you don't want to.
12. Also, there will be people who get promoted before you do.
13. So practice your gracious loser face.
14. Know how to settle interoffice disputes.
15. Evaluate your employees' work fairly.
16. Know how to motivate your employees into working longer hours.
17. Focus on making that money money.
18. And lastly, know when to take a sick day.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!