1. So this lady right here — Professor Trelawney, taught Divination and whatnot — made some prophecies and stuff.
She wasn’t often right, but when she was, she was right BIG TIME.
3. It points out a moment in Prisoner of Azkaban (the book, not the movie) where Trelawney refuses to sit with 12 others at dinner, because it’s a bad omen.
“When 13 people dine together, the first to rise will die,” she says. However, Ron may have had Scabbers/Peter Pettigrew in his pocket, meaning 13 people were already sitting, and since Dumbledore stood up to draw out a chair, that doomed him to die.
4. There’s no mention in the text that Ron had Scabbers with him at that moment. However, he did have the rat in his pocket at other key times that year, so it’s a definite possibility.
Which means that J.K. Rowling would have foreshadowed Dumbledore’s death THREE BOOKS in advance.
5. This isn’t the only time this happens in the books, either: In Order of the Phoenix, Sirius is the first to stand up from a table of 13.
It doesn’t go so well for him later on.
6. After Alastor Moody’s death, Remus is the first to stand up in the Weasleys’ living room…where 13 people are sitting.
So this seems to be a recurring theme, which means the Dumbledore bit might have been intentional.
7. Very clever. Very clever indeed.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘