1. So this lady right here — Professor Trelawney, taught Divination and whatnot — made some prophecies and stuff.
She wasn’t often right, but when she was, she was right BIG TIME.
3. It points out a moment in Prisoner of Azkaban (the book, not the movie) where Trelawney refuses to sit with 12 others at dinner, because it’s a bad omen.
“When 13 people dine together, the first to rise will die,” she says. However, Ron may have had Scabbers/Peter Pettigrew in his pocket, meaning 13 people were already sitting, and since Dumbledore stood up to draw out a chair, that doomed him to die.
4. There’s no mention in the text that Ron had Scabbers with him at that moment. However, he did have the rat in his pocket at other key times that year, so it’s a definite possibility.
Which means that J.K. Rowling would have foreshadowed Dumbledore’s death THREE BOOKS in advance.
5. This isn’t the only time this happens in the books, either: In Order of the Phoenix, Sirius is the first to stand up from a table of 13.
It doesn’t go so well for him later on.
6. After Alastor Moody’s death, Remus is the first to stand up in the Weasleys’ living room…where 13 people are sitting.
So this seems to be a recurring theme, which means the Dumbledore bit might have been intentional.
7. Very clever. Very clever indeed.
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- And you can tune into BuzzFeed News on Facebook, where we'll be covering the entire ceremony live.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.