1. As you might already know, The Wiz Live! is premiering on Dec. 3 and it’s probz going to be amazing.
It’s a live performance of the now-classic 1970s musical, which was famously made into a film starring Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Lena Horne, Richard Pryor, and many other incredible performers.
2. The musical, which was written to feature an all-black cast, is based loosely on The Wizard of Oz, which had its own screen adaptation.
Let the record show that The Wizard of Oz had an all-white cast.
3. Some people aren’t aware of the difference between the two, though, and seem ~confused~.
4. They’re not really getting it.
5. Still not getting it.
7. Maybe we should tell them that The Wiz and The Wizard of Oz are two different musicals.
8. And that there’s already been an all-white Wizard of Oz.
9. Because they really seem confused.
10. Not grasping the concept. Or the irony.
11. Sorry, everyone, but Glee did it first.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏