1. As you might already know, The Wiz Live! is premiering on Dec. 3 and it’s probz going to be amazing.
It’s a live performance of the now-classic 1970s musical, which was famously made into a film starring Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Lena Horne, Richard Pryor, and many other incredible performers.
2. The musical, which was written to feature an all-black cast, is based loosely on The Wizard of Oz, which had its own screen adaptation.
Let the record show that The Wizard of Oz had an all-white cast.
3. Some people aren’t aware of the difference between the two, though, and seem ~confused~.
4. They’re not really getting it.
5. Still not getting it.
7. Maybe we should tell them that The Wiz and The Wizard of Oz are two different musicals.
8. And that there’s already been an all-white Wizard of Oz.
9. Because they really seem confused.
10. Not grasping the concept. Or the irony.
11. Sorry, everyone, but Glee did it first.
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞