3. It starts off with Jon Snow and Ghost…
Today is your day
You’re off to the Wall!
You’re off and away!”
“You’ve got sword in your hand,
you have taken the black.
But once you’ve said your vows
you can never go back.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
But unfortunately you know NOTHING Jon Snow.”
5. …checks in with Arya…
“Out there things can happen
and frequently do,
to kids all alone in the world
just like you.
And then things start to happen,
keep chanting your list.
Cross off name after name
and you’ll surely persist.”
6. …and Tyrion.
“You’ll be up on the Wall!
You’ll be seeing great sights!
You’ll stare down through the moon door
and look down high heights!”
7. It recounts Blackwater…
“You won’t lag behind, what you may lack in height
you make up for in wit, you can win every fight!
When you sit as the Hand, you won’t yield to no threats!
Wherever you go, you always pay your debts!”
8. …and Baelor.
“Except when you don’t
Because, sometimes you won’t.
I’m sorry to say so
but sadly it’s true.
can happen to you.
You can get all hung up
in that cruel game of thrones.
You will win or will die
and be no more than bones.”
9. At some points it gets pretty dark.
“You might fall deep in love,
Then he’ll run off to war
down long wiggled roads with an army and more
and grind on for miles all covered in gore
headed, I fear, towards a place you abhor.
The Dying Place…”
“…for people just dying.
Dying from forbidden lust
or a broken past, an arrow thrust
or the men at war, or to make things just
or a poisoned drink, or misplaced trust
or simply dying because they must,
or through an act of much disgust.
Everyone is just dying.
Dying to defend their name
or dying as part of the game
or dying to remove a claim
or dying, perhaps, for a father’s scheme
or a venomous kiss, or without a scream
or a raging boar, or a midnight shit
or a golden crown, or a bit of wit.
Everyone is just dying.”
11. But it still maintains Dr. Seuss’s uplifting message despite the despair of the Game of Thrones story thus far.
That’s not for you!
Somehow you’ll escape all that dying and lying.
You’ll leave those dark dungeons,
or shame yourself trying.”
12. The artwork is spot-on Seussian. Just look at it!
14. And the ending is just perfect.
“And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(At least for a time till you most likely bleed)
KID, YOU’LL FLY DRAGONS!”
be your name Jon Snow or Arya or Bran,
Tyrion or Dany Targaryen
You’ve come to Great Places!
Today is your day!
The Game of Thrones is waiting
So…go on and play!”
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- According to the World Bank, a child born in 2014, on average, will live for more than 71 years.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞