1. Cleopatra lived closer in time to the invention of Snapchat than to the construction of the Great Pyramid at Giza.
2. Also, the Great Pyramid was older to the Romans than the Romans are to us.
3. Oh, and the Stegosaurus was older to the Tyrannosaurus rex than the T. rex is to us.
4. The oldest living person was born closer to the signing of the US Constitution than to today.
5. The 10th president of the United States has two grandchildren who are alive today.
6. Oxford University is older than the Aztec civilization.
7. Harvard University was founded before Isaac Newton published his laws of motion and gravity.
8. We made it to the moon only 66 years after the Wright brothers invented human flight.
The Wright brothers' first flight was in 1903, and the Apollo 11 moon landing was in 1969. There's so much Americans can accomplish when we get in a pissing contest with Russia.
9. Woolly mammoths were still alive when the Great Pyramid at Giza was built.
In fact, the pyramid was roughly 1,000 years old when the mammoths went extinct completely, which wasn't until about 1560 BCE.
10. When the first Star Wars movie came out, France was still executing people by guillotine.
The final execution by guillotine in France occurred in 1977, when a man by the name of Hamida Djandoubi was executed for torturing and killing his girlfriend. That was the same year the first Star Wars movie hit theaters.
11. When the fax machine was invented, people were still traveling the Oregon Trail.
12. The Ottoman Empire still existed when Paramount Studios was founded.
13. Betty White is older than sliced bread.
14. Will Smith is now older than James Avery (Uncle Phil) was when Fresh Prince of Bel-Air started.
15. If they made a That '90s Show and waited the same amount of time after the decade as That '70s Show waited after the '70s, the show would be made in 2017.
16. The Eiffel Tower was inaugurated the same year Nintendo was founded.
Most people know that the Eiffel Tower was inaugurated for the 1889 World's Fair. What you might not know is that Nintendo started out as a playing card company, and was founded in the same year.