We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community to share which Disney movie plot holes bother them. Here are some of the most "huh, now that you mention it..." responses!
1. Ariel doesn't know what a fork is when her father literally wields a giant one.
2. Why didn’t Ariel just write a note to Eric? She can write, she signed her name. Could have saved a whole lot of trouble.
3. If Beast was a prince, he would have been highly educated. Why did Belle have to teach him how to read?!
4. Mike Wazowski says to Sully, “You’ve been jealous of my good looks since the fourth grade, pal.” But we see in Monsters University that they clearly did not meet until college!
5. Buzz acts like a toy in Toy Story when he's supposed to think he isn't one.
6. In Beauty and the Beast it’s stated that Chip has siblings, yet he’s the only one seen out and about with Mrs. Potts. Also, at the end she is only seen hugging him. What happened to the other cups?
7. In The Lion King, the main characters have personalities and can think, talk, etc, but the rest of the animals are just animals.
8. Why do they always speak English in Beauty and the Beast even though they use some French words? Why do some characters have French accents and others don't?
9. In Cinderella, the mouse Gus was trapped in a mouse trap and Cinderella frantically tried to rescue him. But why did she set up the mouse trap to begin with? Surely that job is too low for the stepmother/sisters. Why would she set up trap for her friends just to release them and be a hero? Such a twisted woman!
10. Why didn't Cinderella's glass slipper disappear at midnight with the rest of her outfit?
11. Why is the prince completely unable to recognize Cinderella?
12. Also, were there no other women with the same foot size? Did Cinderella have aggressively large or small feet?
13. In Moana, her parents want her to stay away from the water, yet they named her Moana which means "large body of water" in Hawaiian and Maori (a Polynesian language).
14. In Mary Poppins Returns, Mary allows the leeries to scale Big Ben and when they've almost done it, THEN she flies up to help. Like, come on, Mary.
15. Mulan had to join the army because her dad was too sick and too weak to fight in the war. But then she's almost set home from training because she's too weak to fight in the war. So her dad would have just been sent home too, and everything was pointless.
16. Why did Mother Gothel tell Rapunzel her real birthday?
17. When Jane and her dad were teaching Tarzan English, they both taught him British English. But Tarzan has an American accent when he speaks English...so I'm very confused.
18. Why was Abu allowed to go into the Cave of Wonders when Aladdin was the diamond in the rough, not him?
19. At the end of Beauty & the Beast, all the furniture turns back into people when the curse is broken. So did the castle have no furniture before the curse?
20. When Olaf was willing to melt for Anna that should have counted as an act of love, therefore breaking the curse. He was literally willing to die for her!
21. WHERE. ARE. ALADDIN'S. NIPPLES?
Submissions have been edited for length or clarity.