18 Things You'll Understand If You're Dating A Texan
That moment when you say "y'all" unironically for the first time.
1. You learn that you haven't had ~real~ BBQ yet.
2. And Texas BBQ is way better than those other kinds.
3. You learn that all sodas are Cokes.
4. But Dr. Pepper is the best kind of Coke.
5. You start saying "y'all" without any irony.
6. You refer to your S.O.'s parents as "Mr. _____" or "Mrs. _____" even though you're a grown-ass adult.
7. You get called a Yankee, and even though you are one, it feels like a personal attack.
8. They tell you about the mums they got/gave in high school and you wonder if Texas is actually another country.
9. You realize that all the Tex-Mex food you've ever had was a lie.
10. You try sweet tea for the first time and wonder how anyone can just drink pure sugar.
11. You sometimes find yourself actually rooting for *shudder* the Cowboys.
12. But you've also learned that college football — or even high school football — can be just as important.
13. You look around one day and find that you own at least a dozen Texas-shaped objects.
14. Or things with the state flag on them.
15. You learn that tubing means something very different from what you're used to, and usually involves the Guadalupe river.
Pictured left: Northerner tubing, involving speedboats and sore arms. Pictured right: Texas tubing, featuring lazy rivers and floating coolers of beer.