13. But it wasn’t fed up funders staging a mass protest…a representative from Kickstarter told BuzzFeed that the drop in pledges were due to the cancellation of only three large donations that didn’t meet their verification review.
15. In a statement to BuzzFeed, Zack laid out his thoughts on the recent funding plunge and the criticism he’s gotten about the change in his potato salad priorities:
“I don’t think that is a prevailing feeling. I DO believe that I made a few mistakes attempting to promote this city that I am so passionate about. I should have specified that I’m not getting anything in return for promoting various Columbus small businesses, I just love them so much I can’t stop talking about them. My goal is to make the biggest impact I can in my community and around the world. This may have started out as a little fun with potato salad, but it’s something different now. It’s an opportunity to make the world a better place. Those opportunities don’t come around every day.”
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.