1. Because it foreshadows the greatest quote in cinematic history.
2. And then it delivers the greatest quote in cinematic history.
3. And yes — you guessed it — it also features the second greatest quote in cinematic history.
4. Because not far behind these near treasonous crimes is a forgiving, disappointed dad of an FBI agent.
5. Because it's good, clean fun for the whole family.
6. Because it turns convention on its head and allows Sean Bean's character to live.
7. Because cosplay was never the same again.
8. Because National Treasure knows the Illuminati exists and you should too.
9. Because it's a movie for history buffs...
10. ...for conspiracy theorists...
11. ...and for devout patriots.