3. Matt Kemp of the Los Angeles Dodgers went over to a fan in the stands who was battling cancer. He signed his game ball, gave him his own hat, then his game-worn jersey, and then his game-worn cleats.
5. Two years ago, Nadia lost her father to brain cancer. Nate Collins, defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears, took her to her “Daddy Daughter” dance.
7. Andre Johnson, seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver for the Houston Texans, has taken 12 children chosen by Child Protective Services on a $17,000 Christmas shopping spree every year for the last seven years.
14. Robert Griffin III, quarterback for Washington’s football team, helped a high school student ask her friend with cerebral palsy to prom.
15. Detroit Red Wings right wing Jordin Tootoo gave away his hockey stick to a young fan who didn’t see it coming.
16. And last, but certainly not least, Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, former NFL defensive player of the year, “pretend married” 6-year-old fan Breanna, and was her “pretend husband” for a day. He proposed with a Ring Pop.
- Six people died and more than 60 were injured in a spree of gun violence in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.
- Donald Trump's personal $1 million check to a charity was dated the same day he was interviewed by a reporter looking into the funds.
- The show "The Biggest Loser" is under investigation following a report that its contestants were given drugs to aid weight loss.