1. A Calculated Life, by Anne Charnock
The world is in an advanced state, and Jayna is a mathematical modeler who produces exceptional predictions for the world. When her predictions turn out to be wrong, she sets out to uncover more data and gets more than she bargained for.
2. The Mad Scientist’s Daughter, by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Finn isn’t human; he’s a billion dollar robot, designed to tutor his builder’s daughter, Cat. When he and the rest of the robotic population are granted rights, he must struggle to find his place in the world.
4. Ancillary Justice, by Ann Leckie
A soldier named Breq was once the starship Justice of Toren. Betrayed and left in the body of an ancillary, her mission is one of revenge, the immortal ruler of the Radch.
6. Solaris Rising 2: The New Solaris Book of Science Fiction, edited by Ian Whates
The second short fiction collection from Solaris, this book brings together stories from Allan Steele, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Kim Lakin-Smith, Paul Cornell, Eugie Foster, Nick Harkaway, Nancy Kress, Kay Kenyon, James Lovegrove, Robert Reed, Mercurio D. Rivera, Norman Spinrad, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Liz Williams, Vandana Singh, Martin Sketchley, and more.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.