1. Americans are pretty evenly divided over whether it is a "fact" that Santa is white. Only 2% of African-Americans believe Santa is white, according to PPP.
2. More than 40% of Americans told PPP that they believe in Santa Claus.
3. More Americans thinks Santa Claus is a Democrat than Republican, but most aren't sure.
4. Most Americans do not believe there is a "War on Christmas."
5. More Americans think Barack Obama would protect the United States in the fictional "War on Christmas" than Sarah Palin.
6. Most Americans don't care if someone says "Happy Holidays" to them.
7. But they still prefer "Merry Christmas."
8. Most people think they are on the nice list, but there is a gender difference: 80% of women think they are, but only 65% of men say the same.
Andrew Kaczynski is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Andrew Kaczynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.