7. Emily’s List: $216,443
Number of donors: 488
12. Cantor Victory Fund: $153,600
Number of donors: 11 (including Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, who wrote a $25,000 check)
17. American Seniors Housing Association PAC: $72,945
Number of donors: 30
24. Arizona Republican Party: $53,250
Number of donors: 12
25. American Hospital Association PAC: $50,791
Number of donors: 121
Note: We didn’t include the campaigns of four candidates who were running for 2013 special elections, but were not in Congress during the shutdown: Cory Booker ($546,418), Steve Lonegan ($297,211), Bradley Byrne ($143,600), and Katherine Clark ($65,000).
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.