1. Barack Obama’s speech was mentioned 192% times as often as Mitt Romney’s and 40% more than the second-most mentioned moment, Bill Clinton’s speech.
2. Barack Obama’s speech led to an 800% increases in mentions of “Obama” on Facebook.
3. The top ten convention moments in terms of total mention count were….
4. The last night of the DNC went up against the MTV Video Music Awards. Here are the mentions of politicians vs. rock stars.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- A Pro-Trump site is showing that with a big Facebook page and catchy headlines, you can have almost zero content and still make money.
- Tim Hortons, Canada's biggest coffee chain, is opening its first UK store next month ahead of a rollout across the country 🍩