1. Barack Obama’s speech was mentioned 192% times as often as Mitt Romney’s and 40% more than the second-most mentioned moment, Bill Clinton’s speech.
2. Barack Obama’s speech led to an 800% increases in mentions of “Obama” on Facebook.
3. The top ten convention moments in terms of total mention count were….
4. The last night of the DNC went up against the MTV Video Music Awards. Here are the mentions of politicians vs. rock stars.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.