1. On Democrats: “The party of sex on demand, the party that supports the homosexual agenda.”
2. On Obama’s religion: “I think Osama, I mean Obama might be someone who follows God.”
3. On 7-Eleven and the “idea of libertarianism”:
“Any 7-Eleven you can probably get a discount. Maybe if you get a hooker and some crack maybe they’ll give you discount on that. That’s the idea of libertarianism.”
4. On a female libertarian candidate for Alabama governor in 2006 and heroin:
“It’s so interesting to see this woman basically using her boobies to — I shouldn’t have said that — using her breasts to run for office. And if that is not the most typical libertarian platform, I have no idea what is. The only thing that could make the campaign more libertarian is a heroin needle in her arm.”
(McDaniel was speaking about Loretta Nall, a write-in candidate for governor, who ran a campaign about her cleavage.)
5. On liberals and the “parade of horribles coming” such as “new hate crime laws for homosexuals”:
“They want to make it easier to kill the unborn. Liberals, also, as part of that social agenda want to continue to rid our society of that Christian influence that has been so dominant her for the past 230-plus years….they want to pass new hate crime laws for homosexuals. Whatever you can imagine, I can give you the parade of horribles coming.”
6. On libertarians, drugs, and boobs:
“Really, with you libertarians, and I think the platform is, I’ve said this before, free hookers and blow for everybody.”
7. According to The Right Side’s website, McDaniel left the show in 2008 when he ran for state senate but is “still involved with the show” and comes on “at least once a week.”
“The Right Side was originally hosted by Senator Chris McDaniel and was only show around that featured a Conservative Lawyer (former law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Charles W. Pickering Sr.). Senator McDaniel left the show after election to the Mississippi State Senate. He still is featured on the show at least once a week and is still involved with the show.”
8. The show’s Facebook page features many pictures of McDaniel and other posts.
15. And a Merry Christmas message signed by McDaniel.
16. A spokesman for McDaniel gave BuzzFeed this statement:
“The liberal press clearly loves to attack conservatives of all types. When Chris got into this race he knew they would throw mud, so it’s no surprise they’d dredge up decade-old comments made on conservative talk radio. Chris will continue to deliver his conservative message of controlling government spending, lowering taxes, and repealing Obamacare across the state.”
17. Neither the Club for Growth or Senate Conservatives Fund — which are supporting McDaniel — immediately returned a request for comment.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸
- Ikea is expected to offer refunds in what's being reported as an unprecedented recall of more than 25 million dressers.