1. The governor of Ohio John Kasich has happily tweeted about LeBron James rejoining the Cavaliers:
But during his run for governor and throughout his term as governor the Ohioan has had a history of attacks on Lebron.
Kasich’s first slamming of James came in a June 17, 2010, interview with Alan Colmes for his radio show. Colmes asked Kasich if he would be joining in “the chorus to keep James in Cleveland.”
“I’m not singing in any chorus for LeBron James,” Kasich responded.
Colmes responded in amazement: “You’re not?”
“No, I’m not. Look, he’s a great basketball player, he’s a great guy. There’s a lot of great people in Ohio,” Kasich said.
Asked if he would try to persuade James to stay if he were governor, Kasich dismissed the question.
“Alan, we’ve lost 400,000 jobs out here and the last guy I worry about is LeBron James. You know I mean, we all hope he’ll stay in Cleveland. We think we’ve got a great guy there that can turn everything around, but we got some serious problems.”
3. The Ohio Democratic Party actually created OhioansAgainstLeBron.com to broadcast Kasich’s statement.
4. They even made an ad:
5. Then, as governor-elect Kasich slammed James again: “I don’t care if LeBron score 120 he doesn’t get any favor with me,” he said.
6. As governor, Kasich took it one step further. After the Dallas Mavericks beat the Heat in the finals, he issued a proclamation honoring the Texas team.
“Whereas, NBA Finals [MVP] Dirk Nowitzki chose to re-sign with the Dallas Mavericks in the summer of 2010, forgoing free agency and keeping his talents in Dallas, remaining loyal to the team, city and fans for whom he played his entire career,” the declaration reads in part, a veiled shot at James.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎