Jeb Bush Chief Technology Officer Resigns After Deleting Old Tweets About “Sluts”
Ethan Czahor’s tweets began disappearing today after news broke Monday that he had been hired by Jeb Bush. Czahor resigned Tuesday.
Rebecca Cook / Reuters
Time magazine reported on Monday that former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has hired Ethan Czahor, a Santa Monica-based techie who co-founded Hipster.com, to be chief technology officer for his political action committee, Right to Rise.
After the story of his hiring broke, tweets on his Twitter account started disappearing. The Twitter account is linked from his personal website. The count this morning was 177 tweets:
And the latest tweet count is 132:
Here are some other deleted tweets:
“Governor Bush believes the comments were inappropriate,” a Bush spokesperson told BuzzFeed News. “They have been deleted at our request. Ethan is a great talent in the tech world and we are very excited to have him on board the Right to Rise PAC.”
update
Czahor resigned Tuesday.
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 37 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish tanks have rolled across the Syrian border. Turkey's president said the operation is aimed against both ISIS and Kurdish fighters.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.
