2. During the GOP debate on Saturday, Rubio repeated the same line FOUR times: Barack Obama knows what he’s doing.
Rubio was asked if he was too inexperienced — and attacked by others with the comparison that Obama was a one-term senator.
“Let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing,” said Rubio. “He knows exactly what he’s doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country, to make America more like the rest of the world. That’s why he passed Obamacare and the stimulus and Dodd-Frank and the deal with Iran, it is a systematic effort to change America.”
“Let’s dispel with this fiction that Barack Obama doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He is trying to change this country. He wants America to become more like the rest of the world. We don’t want to be like the rest of the world,” Rubio said.
“We are not facing a president who doesn’t know what’s doing. He knows what he is doing. That’s why he’s done the things he’s done.”
3. But Rubio’s line used to be different! It used to be that Obama has no idea what he’s doing.
“This is a choice between a guy that has no idea what he’s doing, and a guy that does,” Rubio said of Obama during the 2012 election, contrasting him with Obama.
On his Facebook, Rubio shared the same sentiment looking to a video of the comments at the time saying, “This isn’t a choice between two bad guys or one bad guy and one good guy, this is a choice between a guy that has no idea what he’s doing, and a guy that does.”
“The vice president says we’re going to follow them to the gates of hell but the president is saying that we’re going to simply contain them,” said Rubio told CBS in 2014. “I mean, these — our allies are watching this as well, and they’re concluding that the American foreign policy is in the hands of someone who does not know what he’s doing.”
In December of 2015, on Fox News, Rubio criticized a speech by Obama on the threat of ISIS by saying, “People first of all are scared because they sense the threat, it continues to grow, and the president doesn’t know what he’s doing. On Sunday night, he gave a speech that was supposed to reassure the American people and I think it made things worse. He gave a speech where he basically announced that, these are the problems that we have, but we’re not gonna change anything.”
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- BuzzFeed News analyzed all the links in Donald Trump's tweets to determine where the president-elect gets his news 📰❗️
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago today, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.