2. 1993 World Trade Center Bombing: 6 Days
Investigators looking through rubble in the aftermath of the bombing found a critical clue when they identified the van used in the explosion. This led them to a man who reported it stolen, Mohammad Salameh, who was quickly arrested and charged. Ramzi Yousef, one of the the other main perpetrators, was arrested in Pakistan in 1995. The other co-conspirators in the bombing were also eventually caught, with the exception of Abdul Yasin, who has not been heard from since a 2002 interview in Iraq.
4. 1996 Olympic Park Bombing: More Than a Year
After the media misidentified Richard Jewell as a suspect in 1996, the FBI had few leads in the bombing. That was until 1997, when a similar bomb at an abortion clinic bombing provided a link between the two bombings. The FBI identified Eric Rudolph as a suspect in 1998, and he was caught in 2003.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Dozens of children were killed after the Syrian government launched a major offensive in Aleppo over the weekend.