2. 1993 World Trade Center Bombing: 6 Days
Investigators looking through rubble in the aftermath of the bombing found a critical clue when they identified the van used in the explosion. This led them to a man who reported it stolen, Mohammad Salameh, who was quickly arrested and charged. Ramzi Yousef, one of the the other main perpetrators, was arrested in Pakistan in 1995. The other co-conspirators in the bombing were also eventually caught, with the exception of Abdul Yasin, who has not been heard from since a 2002 interview in Iraq.
4. 1996 Olympic Park Bombing: More Than a Year
After the media misidentified Richard Jewell as a suspect in 1996, the FBI had few leads in the bombing. That was until 1997, when a similar bomb at an abortion clinic bombing provided a link between the two bombings. The FBI identified Eric Rudolph as a suspect in 1998, and he was caught in 2003.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.