Progressive former Congressman Dennis Kucinich said Sunday on Fox News that the Obama Administration’s Libyan policy was to blame for the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the American consulate in Benghazi. The former Congressman argued before leaving Congress after losing the his primary for his newly drawn Congressional district in Ohio that American intervention in Libya was a mistake.
Kucinich argued the Obama Administration initially said it was a protest because of what he called “the failure of the Benghazi policy” as well as the upcoming election last November.
“What the attack on the consulate brings up is the failure of the Benghazi policy from the beginning. That’s why they had to call it a street demonstration instead of an attack. On the eve of an election that brought up a whole new narrative about foreign policy, about dealing with terrorism, and about the consequences that led to four deaths of people who served the United States.”
The former Congressman also slammed the Obama Adminstration response to the attack saying he was “offended” by the response to the attack and the lack of consulate security leading up to it.
“We went into Benghazi under the assumption that somehow there was going to be a massacre in Benghazi,” he said. “So we went there to protect the Libyan people. We couldn’t go into Benghazi to protect our own Americans who were serving there? I’m offended by this, and there have to be real answers to the questions that are being raised.”
- Protests outside a Donald Trump rally in New Mexico turned violent Tuesday night as demonstrators threw rocks and bottles at police officers.
- The Afghan Taliban has picked an extremist scholar as its successor to leader Mullah Mansour, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike last week.
- Twitter will no longer count links, @names, and GIFs toward its 140-character limit. You can also retweet yourself now.