14. These unemployed men attending a meeting of the Workers Alliance Council during the Great Depression in West Virginia.
8. This young drummer boy who was a member of the United States infantry during the Civil War.
All photos via the National Archives.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- And in a powerful note on her Facebook page, tennis star Serena Williams says she won't be silent about the police killings of black men.