Yucca Cheese Fries with Bacon
2 medium-size maniocs
9 oz bacon cut into 1" cubes
3 garlic gloves, chopped
4 tablespoons chopped spring onions
4 tablespoons chopped parsley, juice of half a lemon
100g grated Cheddar cheese
1. Cut the manioc along the middle, in two parts, to the desired length for your fried manioc.
2. Throw away the ends.
3. Holding one part vertically, remove the skin by cutting downwards with a knife.
4. Cut the peeled pieces into thirds, lengthwise.
5. Remove the fibre core.
6. Cut each third into thin strips.
7. Boiled in salted water for 8-10 minutes.
8. Place in a dish to dry, while you prepare the toppings.
9. Then prepare your herb mayonnaise, mixing the mayonnaise, garlic, chives, parsley and lemon juice.
10. Next fry the bacon and grate the cheese.
11. Fry the manioc in oil at 180˚C until golden.
12. Immediately place on a paper towel to dry and sprinkle with salt.
13. Place the cheese and bacon on top of the fried manioc, on a baking sheet.
14. Bake for 5 minutes.
15. Cover with the herb mayonnaise.
16. Serve immediately.