1. This is Sheila in my friend’s arms on the way to the emergency clinic.
The Emergency Animal Hospital of Northwest Austin (NORTH) refused to treat a dog hit by a car, found on the street and brought in to the clinic by a concerned animal lover.
They told my friend (without any compassion I might add) that they would not treat the animal until someone took “financial responsibility” for the cost to treat the pup. They called another facility to see if they would treat the “stray” (that’s what they described it as) but with no luck. Meanwhile, the little chihuahua, named Sheila, continued to shake from pain and distress while my friends tried to find someone who would care for her.
I for one, cannot stand to see an animal suffer. I have a huge problem with how the Emergency Animal Hospital of Northwest Austin handled this situation. The hospital’s policies regarding lost or injured pets are written clearly via a link on their homepage. Nowhere does it mention anything about “financial responsibility.” Based on the options given by the facility, they may as well have said “put the pup back on the side of the road.”
I’m appalled at how anyone in the field of animal care could show blatant disregard for a suffering animal and offer absolutely no help whatsoever.
Emergency Animal Hospital of Northwest Austin (NORTH)
12034 Research Boulevard
Austin, TX 78759
3. This is the hospital’s instructions for pets found “lost or injured”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- After the health care fail, it's unclear if Republicans and Trump will find consensus on other big ticket items.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨