1. Kolkata-based tea company Te-a-me Tea recently had the marvellous idea to send 6,000 tea bags to Republican presumptive nominee Donald Trump because tea has curative properties and he’s someone who needs it.
“The message is simple: Mr Trump, it’s never too late to cleanse yourself.”
2. They travelled all the way from Kolkata to New York City to deliver the tea bags right to the doorstep of Trump Tower.
3. “It was a multi-city, international effort to deliver the tea in the presence of heightened security, given Trump’s profile. It required a lot of planning and a fair bit of audaciousness to actually pull this off,” Te-a-me Tea told BuzzFeed.
4. They said that they only met the Secret Service. “If Mr. Trump wishes to meet, we’re happy to do that and recommend other teas that can also help.”
5. They attached this note along with the package.
The letter reads:
Dear Mr. Trump,
Congratulations on winning the nomination. It’s not small feat, running for the office of the world’s most powerful man. It’s not just a privilege but a rare chance that very few are equipped to take on.
I would like to offer you a little something to help you prepare for the task that lies ahead — four years’ supply of TE-A-ME Green Tea. Green tea is packed with goodness and is proven to help achieve well-being and increased productivity.
With best wishes from India,