1. 1. Perfectly Good Crime by Dete Meserve
When the top 100 wealthiest Americans are the targets of sophisticated robberies, L.A. TV news reporter Kate Bradley is determined to figure it out. But when the rich victims won’t talk and Kate’s colleague, a police detective, disappears, Kate learns that maybe these crimes don’t have cruel intentions, but rather good ones. From the author of the thought-provoking Good Sam, Dete Meserve delivers a novel that is simultaneously mysterious, fascinating and inspiring.
2. 2. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
Three happy families attend a BBQ and now two months later one couple, Sam and Clementine, are contemplating what life would be like if they hadn’t gone. Playing on the foundations of average life: parenthood, marriage, love and friendship, Truly Madly Guilty shows what can happen when guilt is a factor and how even the most innocent of situations can cause the greatest damage.
3. 3. The Pursuit: A Fox and O’Hare Novel by Janet Evonovich and Lee Goldberg
Con-man Nicolas Fox is kidnapped on a Hawaiian retreat. Unknown to most, including his kidnapper, Nick is an undercover FBI agent. His covert partner Agent Kate O’Hare is on the hunt to find him, which ends up taking her to Italy, Belgium and France. With the help of a team composed of an unemployed actor, a bandit who spends most of his time in sewers and Kate’s dad, Jake, Nick and Kate are up against a criminal that is determined to destroy a major U.S. city, and the people that live there. But the two agents are just as determined to keep the country safe, even if that means risking their own lives.
4. 4. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
Journalist Lo Blacklock, who writes for a travel magazine, is looking forward to her next assignment: a week on a luxury cruise ship. The cruise is everything she thought it would be and more… until she witnesses a woman being thrown overboard. Since everyone on the ship is accounted for, Lo’s attempts to alert somebody go unheard. Soon the relaxation Lo was feeling begins to disappear and an uneasy sense that something isn’t right begins to take its place.
5. 5. Security: A Novel by Gina Wohlsdorf
The new and luxurious Manderley Hotel is getting ready to open its doors to the world’s richest people. But someone is determined to keep the twenty-story hotel from opening and will stop at nothing to complete their goal, even if that means killing off the staff, one by one. Full of plot twists, sharp prose and a multifaceted love story, Security: A Novel will leave readers guessing until the very end.
6. 6. Engaged in Death by Stephanie Blackmoore
Mallory Shepard and her fiance, Keith Pierce, are getting ready to tie the knot when, tired of her fiance’s wandering eye and her obnoxious mother-in-law-to-be, Mallory decides to cancel the wedding. That’s why she’s shocked when Keith’s grandmother dies and deeds Mallory her mansion. The plot thickens when an unwanted visitor is found dead on the front lawn, and Mallory has to figure out what to do with her house— before the killer figures out what to do with her.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳