1. Non-stop weather coverage breaks into your regularly scheduled date with Jeopardy!
2. Public transport ceases to function.
3. Everyone immediately forgets how to drive.
4. There is inevitably a run on bread, milk and eggs at the grocery store.
5. Show shovel mark ups.
6. People break out some ridiculous parking spot savers.
7. The news begins "disaster coverage."
8. Aisle-spanning lines form at the liquor store.
9. Local channels air press conferences featuring representatives from agencies you didn't know existed.
10. Your friends speculate constantly about whether or not schools and offices will close.
11. Snow emergencies are declared. Good luck ever finding a spot on the street.
12. Everyone you know gets off work. Except you. Obviously.
13. A reporter attempts to illustrate the type of snow that has fallen by making a snow ball or dusting off a car.
14. The interwebs explode with basic knowledge articles about "how to survive the storm."
15. Weather.com predicts the apocalypse.
16. Someone you care about buys a gallon of water "just in case."
17. Jim Cantore shows up.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!