15 Things Only South Indians Who Grew Up In Mumbai Will Relate To
If you don't love me at my thair sadam, you don't deserve me at my masala dosai.
1. In school, your last name was always somewhat of a mystery to pronounce because, apparently, people can’t see past three syllables.
2. You were teased about your Hindi growing up, even though your GRAMMAR WAS PERFECT AND YOUR ACCENT WAS FLAWLESS.
3. You always had a back-up language to fall back on when you didn't want strangers to know your business, a.k.a. what you and your Mom were gossiping about on Linking Road.
4. You had to be the “model minority” and somehow became a representative for all South Indians wherever you went.
5. You've been on the receiving end of "If you're South Indian, why are you bad at math?" and other stupid questions.
6. You’ve used one or all these phrases in response to the aforementioned stupid questions:
“No, we do NOT put coconut oil in our hair every morning.”
“No, we don’t have curd with every meal.”
“No, we don’t always wear a lungi when we’re at home.”