41 Problem-Solving Products For Your Beauty Routine
Wave goodbye to razor bumps, brittle lashes, and smudged nail polish.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Lanolips strawberry ointment you can apply before bed and voilà! You'll wake up to a nourished pout that has effectively bid adieu to flakes. That drying matte formula will basically glide on.
2. Tend solution because ingrown hairs and razor bumps are truly *ahem* the pits. Simply spread this lotion onto whichever body part you plan on shaving (and yes, it's safe for the bikini area) and POOF! Skin irritation and bumps will all but vanish.
3. ...or a refillable Tend solution roll-on for easy, mess-free application that is surprisingly effective. This is the size of a deodorant stick which makes it *ideal* for tropical vacations in which swimsuits will be worn (when we can safely resume traveling, that is).
4. A Neutrogena clarifying shampoo because that 10 pounds of dry shampoo you used two days ago is still trapped in your roots. Trust me. It didn't exactly run away. This anti-residue wash deep cleans build-up that would otherwise lead to lack of body, excessive grease, and *gulp* stringiness.
5. A vanilla-scented Kiss nail pen so you can finally kick hang nails and mauled cuticles to the curb. This formula is so effective, one could say that it truly ~nails~ it.
6. A Korres probiotic mask here to tackle redness with a vengeance. Quality ingredients like Greek yogurt, lactic acid, and a microbiome re-balancing technology help nourish your skin's natural protective layer (the kind ruined by stress and greasy food) and improve overall texture.
7. Oil blotters you'll want to stash in your purse right this second. These charcoal sheets remove excess oil without ruining your makeup in the process and..wait...what's that? It's your greasy t-zone running away in fear. Problem solved.
8. A Versed body mist because we hate inevitable eruptions of body acne. This genius fast-drying spray enlists the help of 2% salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and witch hazel to tackle pimples that have so rudely taken residence on your back, chest, and butt. It's as easy as one, two, spritz.
9. A NYX liquid eyeliner if you're tired of your liquid liner fading before your second cup of coffee (#rude). This stuff seriously will not budge, plus the skinny felt tip makes cat eye precision a breeze.
10. A bottle of Londontown Kur correcting polish for anyone who has *absolutely had it up to here* with smudges. Enough is enough! Sheet marks and digging into your purse before lacquer has completely dried will no longer be your burden to bear. Fresh manicures await.
11. A lash serum that promotes thicker, longer lashes for anyone ready to throw out their mascara. If you're looking to repair thinning and brittle lashes in as little as eight weeks, then congratulations! You've found yourself a winner.
12. A Superface corrector stick because accidents happen, but this gentle blend of olive and honey moisturizers will get rid of that poorly applied eyeliner in a jiffy (just use it as you would a regular "pen", except you're drawing away mistakes). This paraben- and gluten-free product is also a gem as a lip balm and cuticle cream!
13. A heat protectant spray that uses argan, coconut, and olive oil to banish frizz and protect your 'do. Every straightening or curing sesh should begin with a spritz of this to prevent damage and maximize shine.
14. A Body Shop sleeping mask to give beauty ZZZs a whole new meaning. Salicylic acid and tea tree oil happily destroy pimples and excess sebum whilst you dream, meaning you'll wake up to matte skin that won't be require that 10 pounds of setting powder, thank you very much.
15. A ColourPop matte lipstick sent from heaven to be delivered into the paws of makeup newbies. On top of being super affordable, this pencil-like tube design allows for precise (and easy) application: use the pointed edge as a liner, use the rounded side to fill everything in.
16. A Hair Dance powder dry shampoo especially great at vacuuming up grease and adding body sans any leftover chalky white residue. Pro tip: If you add some into your roots before bed, you'll wake up with a completely refreshed scalp that looks like it was shampooed five minutes ago (...as opposed to five days ago).
17. A Pawpaw two-in-one pot you'll consider *major* bang for your buck: it's got a sugar lip scrub to slough away dead skin, plus a nourishing lip balm made with Pawpaw, olive oil, and aloe vera.
18. A hypoallergenic Glossier gel cleanser because you'd love to double cleanse, but you lack the energy. That's okay! This gentle-but-effective cleanser will literally ~melt~ makeup, oil, and gunk off your face — just add a few pumps to wet skin, cue mini facial massage, rinse, pat dry, and go to sleep. Only about .5 seconds have passed.
19. A Coty translucent powder that will set your makeup for a flawless, lightweight finish that truly lasts all day long. This is great for beginners because it won't leave behind a white cast, the kind you'd have to blend and blend (and blend) for it to go away.
20. A splurge-worthy peptide eye gel to treat your peepers to some luxury. Niacinamide and squalane work together to de-puff, hydrate, and soften fine lines, plus make dark circles all but disappear. It's basically sorcery in its purest form.
21. A Milani baked bronzer to give your complexion an instant “I just got back from vacation and have not spent a ton of time in this dimly-lit cubicle glow” while also enhancing your cheekbones.
22. A Schick dermaplaning razor for anyone ready to bid adieu to the pains of plucking. This rids stray brow hairs and unwanted peach fuzz with just a few swipes, plus the tool itself is super gentle and won't cause any accidental nicks or scrapes.
23. Silicone brushes that are an absolute necessity for every skincare aficionado out there. This lets you slather on that thick mud mask without getting your hands covered in said mud mask, plus it prevents you from picking up (and wasting) excess product which means money saved.
24. A daily SPF 35 sunscreen bound to become your skincare holy grail. This water-gel formula is hypoallergenic, cruelty-free, vegan, works well under makeup, doesn't leave your forehead looking like a vat of grease, *and* it won't leave behind a white cast.
25. A dual-ended eyeliner stamp because, despite your best efforts, achieving the perfect cat eye is hard and this easy-to-use tool makes it about 1000x easier. All you'll have to do is apply the stamp to your lashline and your wing will be done in mere seconds. You won't even have to waste 10 makeup wipes and several years of your life in order to achieve it.
26. A Neutrogena moisture lipstick you can apply in the back of a moving car, no mirror, hand jittery from one too many cold brews — and application will still be easy thanks to the crayon design and creamy, blendable formula that won't stain your skin if you color outside of the lines.
27. A vegan, cruelty-free, travel-sized Handmade Heroes tinted dry shampoo specifically formulated for darker hair. This will sweep up all that grease *without* leaving a white cast on your scalp (something that often happens on brunette manes).
28. A bareMinerals tinted moisturizer that requires the max amount of effort you're willing to put into your beauty routine, which is exactly zero. Simply nix shadows and unevenness by way of this light, creamy coverage that slathers on like a moisturizer.
29. A Maybelline concealer formulated with goji berry and Haloxyl because no one needs to know that you binged The Office yet again last night. Just a quick swipe of this (there's an attached sponge applicator so no need to worry about packing a brush) and *poof* your dark circles are now a thing of the past.
30. A tweexy ring because that bottle is *not* empty, the brush is just too short to reach the polish that's trapped at the bottom. This ring allows you to tilt the bottle and scoop up product, all while being held firmly in place on your finger. That's right! No more dark red polish spills on your shaggy white rug.
31. A Billie starter kit that includes a colorful ergonomic handle, two rust- and nickel-free razor blades, *and* a magnetic holder that will actually adhere to your shower wall (a true miracle).
32. A NYX setting spray to lock in your makeup, because it only took about three hours of blending to get it to look this way. So humidity, sweat, tears: it's all irrelevant when you've topped your foundation with this magic stuff, which works to seal your makeup and prevent it from turning into a greasy mess (no small feat).
33. A vegan and cruelty-free Covergirl concealer designed with an ~extra large~ applicator that tackles pimples, redness, and dark circles with just one swipe. If you're looking to avoid the painstaking step of foundation, this formula provides a full coverage finish that is both lightweight, crease-resistant, and super easy to blend.
34. A vegan Malibu C treatment to prep your 'do for color application: Just leave this on for five minutes to remove color-blocking build-up, ~apply some dye~ within 24 hours, and voila! Your tresses are now a blank canvas that will allow for better color absorption and less fading after leaving the salon.
35. A buildable L'Oreal waterproof mascara that not only adds volume and length to your lashes, but it also does the unthinkable — and by unthinkable, I mean it won't smudge by mid-afternoon and create the dreaded ~panda eye~ effect. Like, I already have dark circles. I don't need mascara to enhance them.
36. A cruelty-free Almay matte foundation, because the only makeup worth slathering on your skin should be non-comedogenic (as to not aggravate your breakouts). This one is particularly fab because it has a buildable formula infused with salicylic acid to actively heal pimples *and* provide coverage at the same darn time.
37. A cruelty-free Elizabeth Mott brow gel because the eyes aren’t the window to the soul...the eyebrows are. This pomade formula will keep your brows in place while subtly filling them in, immediately giving your ensemble an air of ~I am put together can’t you see my brows look good~. The best part? It's so easy. No expert drawing skills required (unlike your regular brow pencil).
38. A Touch In Sol primer that uses green tea extracts to energize your complexion, blur pores, mattify excess oil, and offer light coverage (#goodbye redness). This is the perfect step one for a full-face routine consisting of concealer and foundation, but is also great to slather on when you're pressed for time and want a bright, dewy, and even canvas.
39. A Celeb Luxury color depositing shampoo for anyone who would like to turn their ~Pinterest pastel~ dreams into reality (no expensive or time-consuming trips to the salon required). This actively hits the refresh button on color-treated hair that fades after just one wash, sparing you the heartbreak of feeling like you just wasted a ton of money for no reason. You just dyed it light blue! It shouldn't be bleach blond after 1.5 days!
40. A Lipstick Queen lipstick packaged in deceivingly green form, but surprise! It has nothing in common with Kermit. This moisturizing formula will reveal a perfectly pink hue within seconds, one that's totally unique to *your* pH balance, but thankfully goes on as easily as a regular balm. Who will have to spend hours swatching lipsticks to find the right one? Not you.
41. A WetBrush designed with OmniFlex technology, which is just a fancy way of saying it conforms to your scalp to quickly and painlessly detangle your 'do. It slides through any kind of hair — whether super straight or curly — within mere minutes, saving you a ton of post-shower styling time.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.