37 Practical Products That Could Make A Difference In Every Home
If you're tired of staring at a gross shower head, then have we got a treat for you.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Reusable twist ties that will let you put all "this charging cord is tangled beyond help" situations to rest. These simple pieces of rubber are an easy (but genius) solution that keep everything from chargers to USB cables in check.
2. A garbage disposal brush so you can deep clean *without* having to brace the grossness that is plate dirt and smelly leftovers. So long forever, nasty odors building up in my kitchen sink.
3. A hard water stain-remover so that your faucets can finally look brand spakin' new. So long, days of staring at my gross shower head that still looks awful despite hours (upon hours) of scrubbing.
4. A squeegee broom to quickly sweep up the water spills, potato chip crumbs, and stray strands that currently clutter your home. An extendable handle and 100% natural rubber also make this an absolute beast for scooping up pet hair.
5. A set of bed sheet holders that will keep everything firmly in place, aka this is *exactly* what the doctor ordered if you (or your partner) move around a ton in your sleep.
6. Insect traps for your plants, aka the likely culprits behind the flies, gnats, and various insects that very much showed up to your house without an invitation. Attach each sticky strip onto an included stake, stick 'em in your plant, and that's it! Just remove the trap when it's full of insects. Yum.
7. Ceiling fan chain pulls to more clearly indicate which one is meant to activate the light *or* the fan. It's time to put an end to that annoying guessing game once and for all.
8. A Toucan pitcher that makes something as boring as, oh, milk seem exciting. For everything from water and OJ to fresh-squeezed lemonade, this is the perfect functional-but-fun item to keep in your fridge at all times. *pours milk from Toucan pitcher over bowl of sugary cereal with similar Toucan ties*
9. A six-hook hanger to store your excessive (no offense) amount of handbags. This is also ideal for storing belts, ties, hats, scarves, and tank tops, aka the smaller things that tend to get shoved into the corners of your closet.
10. A mop and bucket set with reusable microfiber pads that scrub away stubborn stains in no time. This deep cleans stone, tile, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, bamboo, cement, baseboards, and drywall with little effort required on your end, plus a 280° swivel head means you can reach *all* those pesky nooks and crannies.
11. An adhesive LED strip to reduce all that glare. This increases color contrast and sharpness to enhance the images on your television screen — so yes, Netflix, I am very much still watching. Quit asking.
12. Smart stickers about to save you so much time. Rather than rifling through every single box in your garage to find the appropriate seasonal decor, turn to these stickers! Stick 'em on before fully packing up a box, download the associated app, and you'll be able to pull up a list that tells you *exactly* what's in each box!
13. Keurig cleaning cups to deep clean your coffee machine (#poetry) within minutes. Simply pop this biodegradable cleaner in as you would a cup of caffeine, proceed to marvel at the gunk that's made its way into your daily cup of joe.
14. Bottle Bright cleaning tablets that quickly remove all that funky, gross, probably-starting-to-smell build-up in your favorite water bottle. These are biodegradable, chlorine-free, and require absolutely NO effort or scrubbing.
15. A two-paneled, padded foam pillow with ultra-strong suction cups that will actually stick to your tub. So long, resting my head on straight porcelain whilst trying to have a relaxing bath.
16. A dual-sided Baby Yoda dishwasher magnet that will indicate whether those dishes are dirty or squeaky clean. So long, days of pulling out my favorite mug to realize it's coated in leftover coffee.
17. A sink organizer with an allotted ~beak~ for your kitchen cloth, that way you don't have to haphazardly drape it over your faucet. This is cleverly designed with suction cup bottom to keep it in place, plus a spot for your sponge.
18. A silicone strainer and colander set anyone with a microbe-sized kitchen will more than appreciate (hello, my fellow NYC residents). These are completely collapsible and take up virtually no cabinet or countertop space.
19. A Lodge pre-seasoned cast-iron skillet with the uncanny ability to sauté, sear, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill any meal to perfection. Want a solid kitchen investment? Look no further than this beauty, which is perfect for almost every meal you'll want to whip up — we're talking breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
20. A water-based tile pen that makes deep cleaning grout feel like filling in the pages of an adult coloring book. Consider mold banished after a few swipes of this nontoxic formula, which releases anti-bacterial agents with each pass.
21. A sink protector with a nonslip bottom and adjustable two-piece design you can custom tailor to fit almost any sink. The gridded layout allows for water to drain, *but* prevents food from falling down and causing any clogs.
22. A stainless-steel grater ideal for garlic, ginger, spices, and more! It's got ~fine teeth~ that do a fantastic job at creating paste without wasting any food (typical graters = half a garlic clove gets lost within the grooves of the grater TBH).
23. A dry food dispenser with a twist design and airtight lids to keep your favorite midnight snacks from going stale. So long, days of useless cereal box closures and ruined granola. There's a new storage solution in town.
24. A draft-blocker to keep all that precious, cold air from escaping your bedroom. Not only will this save $$ because you won't have to blast the AC on its strongest setting, but it's also fantastic for blocking outside noises (loud roommates + quarantine = not great, not fun).
25. A multipurpose glass kitchen board you'll love if you have a lot of style, but *not* a lot of space. This functions as a trivet for hot pots and plates, makes for the ideal cutting board, and is the only way I'd like to display fruits, meats, and cheeses from now on. Talk about a gouda investment, eh?
26. A microfiber duster to turn cleaning into, dare I say, an enjoyable chore!? This traps dust particles with every swipe — and seeing all that gunk accumulate will be more satisfying than you can imagine. *begins to nervous sweat at the thought of when I last dusted*
27. A Katzco Furniture repair kit that lets you cover up scratches, scuffs, and discoloration on your Ikea furniture in a jiffy. This kit contains markers and wax sticks in a variety of hues that turn ~furniture repair~ into a task as simple as coloring in a coloring book.
29. A Scotch-Brite toilet kit equipped with a handle, storage caddy, and five disposable cleaners to make porcelain throne upkeep as easy as one, number two, three.
30. A Takeya cold brew maker so you can drink your favorite caffeinated beverage whenever you please without the $5+ charge (NYC coffee = so damn expensive). This is cleverly designed with an airtight lid and stainless-steel filter to keep coffee fresh for up to two weeks.
31. Miracle-Gro food spikes you'll appreciate if you love plants, but a) weren't blessed with the advantage of a green thumb, and b) laziness is one of your defining features. These slowly release micronutrients into soil for up to two months, thus allowing indoor plants to thrive.
32. A non-toxic, paraben-free Blueland kit here to change your daily cleaning rituals for, well, forever. Here's how it works: Purchase three reusable bottles, then fill each with water and drop in a specific tablet (multi-use, glass, and bathroom) until empty. After that? Keep the bottles and simply continue reordering tablets at $2 a pop — not only will this save you a ton of money, but it also prevents you from unnecessarily tossing out a ton of plastic on the daily.
33. A Joseph Joseph kitchen tool set complete with a magnetic stand (!!!!) for easy, convenient storage and the following five tools: a slotted spatula, spaghetti server, slotted spoon, solid spoon, and a ladle. Phew.
34. A curved window rod to keep sunlight at bay through blackout curtains. "I binged another show until the wee hours of the morning, and I don't need you waking me before my alarm goes off" —me, talking to the natural light that so rudely seeps in through the thin corners my curtains don't cover.
35. A cult-favorite Squatty Potty that currently has over 10,000 reviews on Amazon. What is the purpose of it, you ask? It enables your body to mimic a squatting position that turns *ahem* longer bathroom breaks into a much easier affair.
36. Stainless steel straws for a more eco-friendly approach to sipping iced coffee. This set comes equipped with two collapsible straws, a cleaning brush, and a carrying pouch — plus, both straws are adjustable in size and can accommodate different cups.
37. An OXO three-blade spiralizer so you can feel like you're eating a pasta dinner when, in fact, you are not. I know that seems like a cruel joke, but ~zoodles~ are downright tasty — and this can shred an entire zucchini within minutes. Veggies! But make them fun!
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.