46 Father's Day Gifts That Are Actually Super Practical
Presenting gifts that won't be relegated to a dusty attic.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A breakfast sandwich maker one reviewer described as the "single best appliance they own." This must-have kitchen gadget fixes breakfast (and lunch and dinner) sandwiches in five minutes or less, creating the BEC of their dreams.
2. A tiny Bluetooth FM transmitter adapter if their car isn't old, it's just...an antique. Hands-free calling and *finally* getting rid of that annoying aux chord are theirs for the taking: They just have to plus this into their utility port/cigarette lighter, connect their cell, and voila. So long having to listen to radio talk shows too early in the morning because they can't stream Spotify.
3. A monogrammed tri-fold wallet best described as ~fancy shmancy~. Long gone will be their days of pulling out crumpled dollar bills from a stained money holder that should have been retired a long, long time ago.
4. A two-pack of crewneck tees, because it's about time they bid adieu to the ratty old shirt they've been wearing for the past, oh, decade. These are simple, sleek, and a definitive upgrade.
5. A Filtrete air purifier that removes dander, mold, dust, and pollen which means *takes deep breath* they'll be breathing in sans the air gunk that worsens their seasonal allergies.
6. A tackle box for dads who correlate fishing with relaxation. This kit comes with allll the goods they'll need (and would have purchased on their own anyway): up to six hardbaits, skirted jigs, spinnerbaits, soft plastics, and terminal tackles. Fancy fishing lingo that does not mean anything to me, but my dad nodded when I read this out loud.
7. A Dash rapid cooker for upping their breakfast game by several Michelin stars. This takes the ~hard~ work out of egg-based dishes because all they'll have to do is fill this cooker with water, add up to six eggs, and breakfast will be served.
8. A pack of AirPod cleaners because... yeah, apparently those need to be cleaned. They'll just have to squish the flexible square into their AirPod speaker, peel it off, and voila! Gunk will have been visibly removed and the crooning of Mick Jagger will sound clearer than ever.
9. A wine vacuum that removers air from their ~vino~ to preserve freshness for up to a week. This is great if they typically prefer a glass of red with dinner: they can officially say so long and farewell to pouring half empty bottles down the drain due to spoilage.
10. A King C. beard and face wash infused with coconut water, argan oil, and avocado oil to gently cleanse their skin *without* drying it out. It's even got a hint of menthol that leaves behind a cooling sensation, ergo it's the perfect summer skincare staple.
11. A two-piece barbecue tool set equipped with a spatula and tongs that truly ~rock~ when it comes to providing a kitschy, novelty gift — one that will actually be put to use every Sunday.
12. Wrangler twill cargo shorts that scream "dad style" in the best way possible thanks to a 100% cotton fabric, a relaxed fit design, and so. many. pockets.
13. A toothpaste holder complete with a toothpaste squeezer to make sure they get every last minty drop trapped in that damn tube. (One reviewer even describes this as ingenious and TBH, they are not wrong.)
14. A splurge-worthy Always Pan that surpasses even the excessive amount of Instagram hype it gets. This snazzy kitchen gadget replaces eight pieces of cookware, weighs only three pounds, comes with a steamer basket and spatula nester, and is *truly* nonstick.
15. Low-top sneakers crafted from a durable leather construction bound to become their fancy shoes — thankfully, they won't have to compromise comfort when getting gussied up thanks to a cushioned, shock-absorbing sole.
16. A UV Light Sanitizer Box so they can de-germ everything from iPhones to TV remote controls. They'll even be able to wirelessly charge their phone on top, aka a blessing for dads who are are constantly losing their cable cords (and ergo stealing yours).
17. Drop Stop car gap fillers (as seen on Shark Tank!) with all of their late-night McDonald's runs in mind. French fries falling into the abyss that is the cracks in their seat? No longer a problem with this genius neoprene invention.
18. Vinyl record coasters to keep their Ikea furniture protected in style. Music buffs will rejoice at the idea of their coffee mugs being graced by the likes of Pink Floyd, Elton John, and The Beatles.
19. A splurge-worthy weighted blanket that will essentially feel like a cozy hug when they sit down for their nightly nightcap of Law & Order: SVU. The best part? It's fab for summer thanks to a moisture-wicking fabric that's ultra breathable.
20. A Maud's Coffee and Tea subscription so they always have access to delicious java options in their cupboard. These coffee (and tea!) pods are compatible with Keurig and Nespresso machines, plus the decadent variety pack flavors are truly something to drool at: think cinnamon roll, banana foster, raspberry chocolate, and more.
21. A hand-powered chopper to save them blood, sweat, and tears... literally. Chopping onions (or veggies, fruits nuts, herbs, and more) will no longer be a sobbing affair thanks to this small-but-mighty kitchen gadget.
22. A memory foam seat cushion to take their uncomfortable desk chair and turn it into something they can actually sit on for eight+ hours. An ergonomic design prevents bad posture, plus a gel layer provides ultimate support.
23. A solid fire ring for a more ~minimalist~ fire pit that looks like it was constructed by some fancy schmancy architect — and while that many be true, rest assured that this piece of art won't compromise s'mores quality.
24. A six-outlet wall charger with two USB fast-charging ports *and* a night-light, because their entire apartment has a single outlet and considering all the devices that need to be charged... that simply won't suffice. Luxury is being able to juice up their phone, laptop, and earbuds at the same damn time.
25. A heated razor that is to shaving what caviar and champagne are to a party: in other words, fancy. This splurge-worthy device is equipped with adjustable heat, a stainless steel warming bar, five FlexDisc blades, and a wireless magnetic charging base that'll look fab on their bathroom sink.
26. A solar charger for the outdoorsy dad who has the audacity to invite you on sunrise hikes and fully expects you to wake up before 6 a.m. ...willingly. This USB battery bank is compatible with most smartphones *plus* is waterproof and uber durable, which means 50,000-mile hikes won't be compromised by a drained cell.
27. Deodorizer balls so that they're no longer taken aback by the stench coming from their favorite workout sneakers. These absorb odor and and help remove icky bacteria: All they'll have to do is twist and slip these into their favorite kicks for that ~new shoe smell~.
28. A softshell jacket bound to become their new ~wardrobe staple~ due to a classic design, stretch-with-them construction, a water repellent outer, *and* a wind repellent technology.
29. An ingenious scrap collector with a wire rim that easily attaches to the edge of their counter top. Consider post-cooking clean-up a true breeze because they can now simply scrape those potato peels and random morsels of rice right into this silicone bin.
30. A well-loved robotic vacuum capable of reaching the areas of their home in which they wouldn't dare to venture — we're talking under the couch, baby! Dust bunnies are no match for this nifty gadget, which will clean all their floors whilst they lounge and binge yet another Netflix docu-series.
31. Splurge-worthy Bombas ankle socks because the gift of hoof huggers is one that keeps on giving (provided they do not get lost in that dryer abyss). These are made with a durable cotton, a cushioned footbed for extra support, and a comfortable arch support system.
32. A Shark Tank rapid ramen cooker for the chef who refers to buttered toast as gourmet. I get it! I hate cooking! It sucks the life out of me! But that's okay, because all this cooker requires is noodles, a microwave, and about three minutes of their time — a delicious meal is now theirs for the 'gram.
33. A luxurious shaving kit complete with all the essentials required for ~smooth~ sailing: pre-shave oil, shaving cream, a shaving brush, and after shave balm, all of which lather beautifully and prevent bumps and irritation.
34. A dress shirt best described by one word: crisp. This is crafted with stretch fabric and a stretch collar for maximum comfort, guaranteeing its spot as their new favorite basic.
35. A Tushy bidet attachment so they can ditch the wasteful TP once and for all — no more screaming out to their children for a fresh roll because they've realized, all too late, that there wasn't any left.
36. Mid-height hiker boots for the dad who lives and breathes the great outdoors. These are solid investments due to a durable microsuede nubuck leather and waterproof interior, side ventilation for preventing sweaty feet, and shock absorbing midsoles.
37. Wireless Bluetooth earbuds with 80,000+ reviews because of how. freaking. good they are. These are sweat-proof, block noise, last up to four hours on a single charge (the case itself has 14 hours of charging time), and don't cost a small fortune — aka your heart won't break when they forget to take these out of their jean pockets on laundry day.
39. A smart basketball from DribbleUp, an interactive way to play sports *and* get ye old sweat glands working. It connects directly to a smart device, includes live and on-demand classes, and is a heck ton of fun.
40. A heavy duty pizza stone for dough that looks like it was flipped several times by an expert wearing a white chef's hat. This stone guarantees a delicious crust charred to perfection, which means the frozen pizza they're eating for dinner (yet again) will taste gourmet.
41. A set of two ceramic mugs complete with a furniture-friendly cork coaster bottom and a splash-proof lid, the latter of which is important if they (like me) have ruined their coffee tables in the past cc: those hard-to-remove rings.
42. A smartphone lens kit that provides professional camera quality without the professional camera quality price. For less than $20, they'll be snapping photos worthy of a full page in National Geographic (or at the very least, the Instagram account they just created).
43. A premium steel W&P cheese knife that I forbid you to gift unless you present the package with this line: "Who cut the cheese?" This easily slices through Manchego and guarantees the gift of a perfect at-home charcuterie board. Perfect slices of dairy are my love language.
44. A "Bacon Bin" if the inconvenience of storing grease was ever so overwhelming in the moment, they contemplated the unthinkable — pouring said grease down the drain and adding their plumber to speed dial. This "I should have thought of that" invention gives them a place to store piping hot liquid until they can use *or* properly dispose of it.
45. A silicone glass mold if they've ever watched, say, Peaky Blinders and wondered how they drank shots of lukewarm whiskey (it takes a supernatural being to do so without wincing, IMO). But *this* creates frozen shot glasses, guaranteeing that any bevvie is ice cold before they down it.
46. A set of smart plugs they can control through a voice-enabled Alexa. Getting up in the middle of [yet another] Game of Thrones marathon to turn off that obnoxiously bright lamp? Nope. They can make Alexa do it instead.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.