38 Lightweight Pieces Of Clothing That Sweaty People Will Love
"Thanks. It's sweat, not highlighter."
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Compression shorts available in three lengths, with even the ~shortest~ version ensuring that your assets won't be on full display with every step you take. Throw in the fact that these have pockets and voila, warm weather dressing just got a whole lot easier.
Promising review: "I live in Florida and it’s hot, but I enjoy running so long leggings are becoming out of the question for me. I don’t like short shorts and these are just absolutely perfect as far as length and fit goes. I’m getting back into running again and these actually stay up and in place." —JL
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in sizes XS–3X and in 36 styles and colors).
3. A wide leg jumpsuit best accessorized with bottomless mimosas served at your next at-home brunch, overpriced avocado toast and a poached egg not required (but highly recommended).
4. A double-layered V-neck mini sustainably made from recycled plastic bottles, a fitted bodice for ~breast~ friend support, and a skort bottom so you can A: do cartwheels in comfort and B: never worry about experiencing any Marilyn Monroe moments.
Get it from Reformation for $98 (available in sizes 1X–3X and in four colors).
5. A racerback tank that has most likely been blessed by a fairy godmother, because this takes your basic cami and goes *poof*. An instantly chic upgrade is yours for the taking due to this high-neck silhouette.
Promising review: "I really love the fit of these tanks on me. They are a super soft thick but breathable material. I have ordered multiple colors at this point and have paired them in so many different ways. I love to wear them with long skirts for a more dressed up look. They look great with shorts in the warm weather. I get hot very easily and although the material is warmer I was super comfortable! These will be great for winter time in New England as well because the fabric is thicker and comfortable! These tanks are a good length and go great tucked in or over your bottoms." —Ashley Bonnett
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 13 colors).
6. A flowy tank dress made from a super soft and lightweight material. TL;DR: If you want to feel like you're wear pajamas in public without the likelihood of running into someone you know, consider this your new style soulmate.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this dress! It’s loose, lightweight but not sheer, and great for summer. I wanted something very comfortable for chasing around the kids I babysit in NYC humidity. The slits on both sides make it really easy to move around in without being too risqué. I also love the adjustable straps." —Kat Y.
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 28 colors).
7. A longline racerback bra crafted from a premium ~float~ fabric ideal for hotter temps. This medium-support bb is buttery soft, offers UPF 50+ protection, plus is sweat-wicking and dries in a pinch.
Get it from Girlfriend Collective for $38 (available in sizes XXS-6XL and in seven colors).
8. A chic V-neck romper that'll have you thinking hark the herald because angels do sing — the front is self tying and adjustable, ergo you can tailor this for a customized fit.
9. A sleeveless swing mini for impromptu wine nights with le pals, grocery store runs, fancier dinners (simply add in some heels), etcetera. Versatility is this dress' strongest suit.
11. A scoop neck tank I'm categorizing as the summer-approved black bodysuit. This versatile top is comfy, lightweight, affordable at only $5, and best of all? The straps err on the thicker side so you don't have to coordinate bra pairings.
Get it from Target for $5 (available in sizes 1X-4X and in eight colors).
12. A mini cami dress featuring button detailing for a look that screams "I tried" but requires merely ten seconds of effort. Throw this on, fasten a messy bun, and et voila.
14. A spaghetti strap sundress because in the year that won't be named (*ahem* literally the one we are living in now), the impossible has happened: we've gotten sick of leggings. This simple number provides all the comfort from our once beloved staple but looks far more put-together.
15. An activewear set complete with a compression tank and high-waisted shorts, the latter of which are purposely designed with a longer length...aka no more having to pause that kickboxing video in the name of adjusting yet another wedgie.
Promising review: "PERFECT and wish I ordered every color at once but happy with my cream color for sure and makes me look super tan. The bra is true to size and shorts aren’t booty shorts so you feel held in and secure to do actual workouts. I removed the bra pads for personal preference." —Amanda
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S-L and in seven colors).
17. A dotted wrap dress about to become your new wearable BFF. You: "Wardrobe, please meet the newest member of our family... I'll be wearing this every single GNO from now on."
19. A boho-inspired mini dress that is equal parts comfy and chic: breezy fabric makes it perfect for hot days (*begins to sweat at the the thought of humidity*), the fun pattern make for an obligatory Insta story.
Promising review: "It's long enough as a tunic top for me to wear with leggings. It's super cute and is a breathable fabric. I live in Texas where the heat is sweltering so I'd only wear this out to dinner during the summer months but during the cooler months, this will be adorable to wear with leggings." —Dagogirl
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes 0X–4X and in eight colors).
20. A sleep tank crafted from tencel and organic cotton, a deliciously soft duo that's also ultra breathable... ideal for folks who don't get any air flow in their bedroom. Night sweats = not a problem whilst wearing this tank.
Get it from Mate the Label for $48 (available in sizes XS–3X and in eight colors).
21. A pocketed jersey T-shirt dress purposely designed with a longer hemline, which means your undergarments won't be on the brink of exposure with every sudden gust of wind.
Promising review: "This is my new go-to brand for extra-comfy, relaxed and uber soft clothing. So far every piece is well-made, very soft, and the perfect length to wear as a dress or as a tunic; you can even sleep in these, they're that comfortable. This jersey cotton is a nice, cooling fabric, perfect for the hot Texas summers. Very affordably priced, quick shipping and easy returns/exchanges." —Claire Dunway
Get it from Amazon for $18.90 (available in sizes XS-XL and in 12 colors).
22. Mid-thigh, high-waisted pleated shorts profesh enough to wear to the office with flats — but rejoice, because a buttery fabric (made from recycled fishing nets) means that these lightweight babies are also ideal for Disney+ binges. *hums along to the Hannah Montana "Best of Both Worlds" bop*
Get it from Leze the Label for $88 (available in sizes XS-3XL).
23. A high-low dress about to become your plus one for all 97 of the weddings you RSVP'd to, each one that was cancelled and rescheduled for this upcoming summer. We hope you enjoy every single cocktail and Venetian hour to the fullest.
24. A pajama set here to nudge your high school gym shorts and old soccer team T-shirt into retirement. Sweaty sleepers, this cool-to-the-touch bamboo fabric is *especially* divine for you.
Promising review: "These are my favorite pajamas I have! I live in Arizona and it's just so hot here, but these are nice and cool and lightweight. They are as close to wearing nothing as you can get while wearing pajamas." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes S-4X and in 17 colors).
25. A stylish strapless romper that, if clothes could talk, would screech "take me to the seaside". Boardwalk rendezvous will be all but incomplete if you're not wearing the below.
Promising review: "Looove this summer romper! It’s super cute and extremely comfortable. With the Florida weather getting in triple digits, this is also perfect for hot summer days. I love the style and comfort of it so much I have bought in several different colors." —Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in six colors).
26. A maxi dress you'll wear with alarming frequency. Think: every. single. day. due to its lightweight material, a versatile design, *and* the fact that it has pockets.
Promising review: "This is very comfortable and flowy. Wore it all day and didn’t want to take it off because of how comfy it was. I got lots of compliments on it at my baby shower — I’m eight months pregnant in Texas and it’s HOT here." —Lorin Rae
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes 14-26 and in 34 colors).
27. A V-neck maxi with adjustable straps and the phrase "summer staple" embedded into its DNA. If TikTok has inspired me to plan anything, it's an aesthetic picnic spread — and this is exactly what I plan on wearing when said picnic plans actually happen.
28. A two-piece set I fully intend on wearing whilst padding around my 400-square-foot living room, a sneaky way to trick my mind into thinking I'm yachting in the Mediterranean instead of....working from my couch. Currently adding this to my cart in anticipation of an eventual vacay.
Promising review: "I love this set! Every time I wear it I get compliments from friends. I also like how open and breathable it is. Texas summers are very hot and I ‘m not absolutely dying when I wear this! Very happy with the purchase." —Erika V.
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes XS-XL and in 11 colors).
29. A drawstring romper with all the comfort of the pajama set you've been wearing to bed since 1893, but it's not fuzzy fleece rubber duck pajamas and ergo a *lot* more chic.
30. A high-rise exercise skort (a product name that may or may not transport you back to middle school) with built-in shorts and mesh pockets, the latter of which mean you can carry cards or cash — without having to lug around a crossbody, which adds at least 10 pounds of heat when the temps rise above 85.
Promising review: "I live in the south where it gets uncomfortably hot in the summer, so I wanted a skirt that would look cute, keep me cool, look like something that is casual like shorts, but a tad more comfy. This skirt fits the criteria! The inner leg pocket is big enough to hold a large iPhone, and the pocket on the waist would hold a key and some credit cards. So, if you plan on going to a festival, baseball game or somewhere you don't want to have to carry a bag, these pockets would work well for holding important items." –CupcakeBaker
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 23 colors).
31. A strapless romper ideal for any and all warm weather activities, ergo you can finally banish this question from your lips forever: but what will I wear?
Promising review: "If you live in a hot state like Florida, you will LOVE this! Its beauty is not done justice by the pictures. I wear this to the beach over my bathing suit, that way when I go to one of the side restaurants I look stylish." —Theresa Wagoner
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 32 colors).
32. A lightweight bandana top perfect for wearing as-is for brunch — but le fun doesn't stop there, because you can also swish this into a headband, hair tie, and accessory for the drab black crossbody you should have retired eons ago.
Get it from Free People for $48 (available in sizes XS-XL and in five colors).
33. A floral print romper if you love the look of dresses but are terrified of sudden gusts of wind. This give you the silhouette of a short mini *but* the flowy shorts mean you can cartwheel in public without panic. *attempts a cartwheel at 26* *is in pain for a week straight*
Promising review: "WOW! Do yourself a favor and buy this romper. What a hit. I LOVE the bright green color, the neckline is super cute without being too low, and the romper actually fits! Has a zipper on the back and the bow tie sleeves so it’s pretty adjustable. The fabric is light and silky which I love for hot summers in Florida!" —Jordan Marie
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in eight colors).
34. A two-pack of crewneck tees, because it's about time you bid adieu to the ratty old gym shirt you've been wearing for the past, oh, decade. These are simple, sleek, and crafted with a moisture-wicking material.
Promising review: "Super comfortable for hot climates! I am in and out of the South Carolina heat in the summer and these keep me cool while looking a little more professional than a more running style shirt. They do run longer in length which I like because everything stays covered, they are not super clingy or tight, and are very comfortable." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $18.50 (available in sizes XS–XXL).
35. A strapless floral maxi that feels like it should come with an all-inclusive resort package because, wow, this is a vacation dress if I ever did see one. Slipping this on will make afternoon Zoom calls feel as if they're taking place somewhere tropical.
Promising review: "The material is on the thin side but that will be perfect on hot southern nights here in South Carolina. I am already looking at other patterns to buy a second one! The bust is snug (I am a 40C) but I love that because I don’t worry about it folding over or sliding down." —MimDOT
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes S-XL and in 23 colors).