33 Pieces Of Clothing For People Who Love Summer But Hate Humidity
Feeling hot, hot, hot — and not in a fun sing-a-long way.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A wide leg jumpsuit best accessorized with bottomless mimosas served at your next at-home brunch, overpriced avocado toast and a poached egg not required (but highly recommended).
2. A double-layered V-neck mini sustainably made from recycled plastic bottles, a fitted bodice for ~breast~ friend support, and a skort bottom so you can A: do cartwheels in comfort and B: never worry about experiencing any Marilyn Monroe moments.
Get it from Reformation for $98 (available in sizes 1X–3X and in four colors).
3. An activewear set complete with a compression tank and high-waisted shorts, the latter of which are purposely designed with a longer length...aka no more having to pause that kickboxing video in the name of adjusting yet another wedgie.
Promising review: "PERFECT and wish I ordered every color at once but happy with my cream color for sure and makes me look super tan. The bra is true to size and shorts aren’t booty shorts so you feel held in and secure to do actual workouts. I removed the bra pads for personal preference." —Amanda
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S-L and in seven colors).
4. A racerback tank that has most likely been blessed by a fairy godmother, because this takes your basic cami and goes *poof*. An instantly chic upgrade is yours for the taking due to this high-neck silhouette.
Promising review: "I really love the fit of these tanks on me. They are a super soft thick but breathable material. I have ordered multiple colors at this point and have paired them in so many different ways. I love to wear them with long skirts for a more dressed up look. They look great with shorts in the warm weather. I get hot very easily and although the material is warmer I was super comfortable! These will be great for winter time in New England as well because the fabric is thicker and comfortable! These tanks are a good length and go great tucked in or over your bottoms." —Ashley Bonnett
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 13 colors).
5. A flowy tank dress made from a super soft and lightweight material. TL;DR: If you want to feel like you're wear pajamas in public without the likelihood of running into someone you know, consider this your new style soulmate.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this dress! It’s loose, lightweight but not sheer, and great for summer. I wanted something very comfortable for chasing around the kids I babysit in NYC humidity. The slits on both sides make it really easy to move around in without being too risqué. I also love the adjustable straps." —Kat Y.
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 28 colors).
6. A chic V-neck romper that'll have you thinking hark the herald because angels do sing — the front is self tying and adjustable, ergo you can tailor this for a customized fit.
7. Baggy overalls (with pockets!) for anyone who detests having to scrounge up a matching top and bottom, plus wants to look peak Instagram-worthy in their loungewear — all you'll have to do is slip this on over a bralette *or* a sleeved tee.
8. A belted romper I personally wore for 12 hours in pre-tropical storm Georgia humidity — and I was okay! Let's give a round of applause for the gauzy, lightweight fabric that didn't worsen my sweat glands.
Promising review: "This is the best thing I've ever bought from Madewell and I've bought a lot of things. It is the perfect post-quar piece of clothing. It's basically like elevated pajamas both in comfort and fabric, but looks really effortless (in a good way). It can be worn with sneakers, or platform sandals for a dressier look. The tie at the waist hits at the perfect point, which is notable because I have a short torso and rompers don't always work on me. Basically, you should get this because it's going to be another decade until I find something else I love this much to review." —MLH0015
Get it from Madewell for $108 (available in sizes XXS–XXL and in two colors).
9. A dotted wrap dress about to become your new wearable BFF. You: "Wardrobe, please meet the newest member of our family... I'll be wearing this every single GNO from now on."
10. A spaghetti strap sundress because in the year that won't be named (*ahem* literally the one we are living in now), the impossible has happened: we've gotten sick of leggings. This simple number provides all the comfort from our once beloved staple but looks far more put-together.
11. A leopard print cami with adjustable straps, a smocked back panel, and a flounce hem, the latter of which guarantees a bit of extra air flow on days when the weather can best be described as "no anti-perspirant will be enough."
Get it from Forever 21 for $17.99 (available in sizes 0X–4X).
12. A seamless set featuring a ribbed knit material best described as divine. Reviewers swear that the high-waisted leggings are squat-proof but "don't feel suffocating," which I'm pretty sure is allllll the proof we need that sorcery exists.
Promising review: "This outfit fits so well but doesn't feel suffocating. The pants at first looked too small but once I put them on they stretched out easily and the material is thick enough for it not to be see-through or show panty lines. The top is cozy to wear, supportive, and va-va voom if you wear it as a top on its own. It covers the back well too. I plan on ordering more colors." —Jenny
Get it from Amazon for $31.99+ (available in sizes S–L and in seven colors).
13. A sleep tank crafted from tencel and organic cotton, a deliciously soft duo that's also ultra breathable... ideal for folks who don't get any air flow in their bedroom. Night sweats = not a problem whilst wearing this tank.
Get it from Mate the Label for $48 (available in sizes XS–3X and in eight colors).
14. A padded long-line sports bra that reaps the versatility of a tank with the sweet, sweet support of underwire thanks to a body-hugging fit. TL;DR: going braless will have never felt so secure and you won't have to stew in a sweaty heap of underwire.
Promising review: "I can't stop sharing how much I LOVE this sports bra. It is 100% my new favorite bra to work out in, lounge in, wear out, etc. It fits me so well, has GREAT support, and once I put it on, I don't have to worry about a thing. I also love that I can wear this with shorts or as a cute crop top during the summer." —Bekah Kinne
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available sizes S–XL and 10 colors).
15. A two-pack of crewneck tees, because it's about time you bid adieu to the ratty old gym shirt you've been wearing for the past, oh, decade. These are simple, sleek, and crafted with a moisture-wicking material.
Promising review: "Super comfortable for hot climates! I am in and out of the South Carolina heat in the summer and these keep me cool while looking a little more professional than a more running style shirt. They do run longer in length which I like because everything stays covered, they are not super clingy or tight, and are very comfortable." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $18.50 (available in sizes XS–XXL).
16. A boho-inspired mini dress that is equal parts comfy and chic: breezy fabric makes it perfect for hot days (*begins to sweat at the the thought of humidity*), the fun pattern make for an obligatory Insta story.
Promising review: "It's long enough as a tunic top for me to wear with leggings. It's super cute and is a breathable fabric. I live in Texas where the heat is sweltering so I'd only wear this out to dinner during the summer months but during the cooler months, this will be adorable to wear with leggings." —Dagogirl
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes 0X–4X and in eight colors).
19. A V-neck tee purposely designed with looser sleeves so you can banish this question forever from your lips: do I have pit stains?
Promising review: "This shirt is unbelievably comfortable! The fabric is wonderful and makes for a breathable shirt that can be dressed up or dressed down. The sleeves are longer than a typical V-neck, which makes it stand out in comparison to similar shirts." —Ashley Schmaltz
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 47 colors).
20. A high-low dress about to become your plus one for all 97 of the weddings you RSVP'd to, each one that was cancelled and rescheduled for this upcoming summer. We hope you enjoy every single cocktail and Venetian hour to the fullest.
22. A tortoiseshell button V-neck number guaranteed to make you feel ~trendier than thou~ on your stroll to the corner deli. Available in neutral colors and fun patterns alike, quickly throw this on to make it seem as if you didn't snooze through your alarm this morning.
Promising review: "I LOVE this dress!!! I honestly wasn’t expecting much for the price, but I’m actually ordering more colors. I wanted something cute but also cool for these extremely hot summer days and this is perfect! It’s a bit loose, but that’s what I wanted." —Sarah
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 34 colors).
23. A pajama set here to nudge your high school gym shorts and old soccer team T-shirt into retirement. Sweaty sleepers, this cool-to-the-touch bamboo fabric is *especially* divine for you.
Promising review: "These are my favorite pajamas I have! I live in Arizona and it's just so hot here, but these are nice and cool and lightweight. They are as close to wearing nothing as you can get while wearing pajamas." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes S–4X and in 17 colors).
24. A stylish strapless romper destined to have these words coming from your lips: "I can't believe I didn't get these sooner." Give a warm round of applause to your new summer wardrobe staple.
Promising review: "Looove this summer romper! It’s super cute and extremely comfortable. With the Florida weather getting in triple digits, this is also perfect for hot summer days. I love the style and comfort of it so much I have bought in several different colors." —Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in six colors).
25. A striped cap sleeve midi meant for frolicking in gardens ripe with tomatoes, tulips, lots of citrus, and potentially forest animals. I highly recommend wearing this in your studio apartment to trick yourself into the idea that your life is "cottagecore." It hurts.
Promising review: "This summer dress is a must have! I must have worn it at least once a week all summer long. It’s so comfortable and the material is breathable.. even on humid days. The pockets are ideal and the flutter cap sleeves couldn’t be cuter. I wore it with white sneakers, sandals and espadrilles so it’s very versatile. Looking forward to pulling it out of the closet next summer." —Nikki Scott
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes 4–10 and in four colors).
26. A maxi dress you'll wear with alarming frequency. Think: every. single. day. due to its lightweight material, a versatile design, *and* the fact that it has pockets.
Promising review: "This is very comfortable and flowy. Wore it all day and didn’t want to take it off because of how comfy it was. I got lots of compliments on it at my baby shower — I’m eight months pregnant in Texas and it’s HOT here." —Lorin Rae
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes 14–26 and in 34 colors).
27. A drawstring romper with all the comfort of the pajama set you've been wearing to bed since 1893, but it's not fuzzy fleece rubber duck pajamas and ergo a *lot* more chic.
28. A high-rise exercise skort (a product name that may or may not transport you back to middle school) with built-in shorts and mesh pockets, the latter of which mean you can carry cards or cash — without having to lug around a crossbody, which adds at least 10 pounds of heat when the temps rise above 85.
Promising review: "I live in the south where it gets uncomfortably hot in the summer, so I wanted a skirt that would look cute, keep me cool, look like something that is casual like shorts, but a tad more comfy. This skirt fits the criteria! The inner leg pocket is big enough to hold a large iPhone, and the pocket on the waist would hold a key and some credit cards. So, if you plan on going to a festival, baseball game or somewhere you don't want to have to carry a bag, these pockets would work well for holding important items." –CupcakeBaker
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 23 colors).
29. A surplice dress available in solid colors and a snazzy leopard print, the latter of which I personally intend on purchasing in preparation for my eventual Disney vacay (inspired by the below reviewer).
Promising review: "It feels almost like I'm wearing a nightgown. It's not clingy at all, even after I washed it in my washer (cool water) and dried it in my dryer on high. This dress is flowy and wears well for our hot Texas summer, plus it can be worn with shorts or leggings. When cooler weather comes, a denim jacket will give this a nice casual look." —RoomRVier
Get it from Amazon for $19.32+ (available in sizes 1X–6X and four styles).
Psst: this item is included in Prime Wardrobe so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
30. A tank top because the band tee you own and love is made from a fabric best described as "heavy and prone to smelling bad after one drop of sweat hits it." Swap for the season with this; let in that airflow.
31. Compression shorts available in three lengths, with even the ~shortest~ version ensuring that your assets won't be on full display with every step you take. Throw in the fact that these have pockets and voila, warm weather dressing just got a whole lot easier.
Promising review: "I live in Florida and it’s hot, but I enjoy running so long leggings are becoming out of the question for me. I don’t like short shorts and these are just absolutely perfect as far as length and fit goes. I’m getting back into running again and these actually stay up and in place." —JL
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in sizes XS–3X and in 36 styles and colors).
32. A strapless romper ideal for any and all warm weather activities, ergo you can finally banish this question from your lips forever: but what will I wear?
Promising review: "If you live in a hot state like Florida, you will LOVE this! Its beauty is not done justice by the pictures. I wear this to the beach over my bathing suit, that way when I go to one of the side restaurants I look stylish." —Theresa Wagoner
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 32 colors).
33. A swing dress you'll find yourself gravitating toward for any occasion. It all lies in the power of shoe choice: Pair this with heels for tasting course dinners or with sneakers for that ~aesthetic~ coffee shop you found on Instagram.
Promising review: "It gets really, really hot where we live so finding a wardrobe that doesn't make us swelter can be a challenge in my family. This is a great dress and perfect for south Florida's summer heat. It's comfortable, well made/good quality, and it's thin enough that it allows you to keep cool but not so thin that you can see through it." —Phoenix
Get it from Amazon for $25.90+ (available in sizes 1X–6X and in five colors).